Chapter 15

I get up the next morning and look to see a text from Ricky.

Ricky: Can I pick you up at 1?

I start typing my reply, and I tell him that works for me. I check the time, and it's only 10:30.

I look next to me and see Luke sleeping away. Ezra is on the couch knocked out as well. I get up and walk into the babies room. Both babies are sound asleep. I smile and mom walks into the room.

"What time is Ricky coming?" she asks.

"1 O'clock," I say.

"Don't give into him so easily," she says.

"I don't plan on it," I smirk.

"What tricks do you have up your sleeve?" my mom smirks at me.

"I lied to him last night and told him I have a boyfriend, and you should've seen the look on his face," I giggle.

"So he thinks you're taken?" she asks.

"I told him I was kidding, but don't worry, he won't get me back so easily."

Chloe begins to wake up and I smile at her. I pick her up and she starts to cry.

"Are you hungry?" I giggle.

"I'll make her a bottle," my mom says, walking out.

I bounce her up and down a little bit and try to calm her down. Next thing I know Leon is up and crying.

"Oh boy," I say, setting Chloe down and going to the kitchen.

"Leon's up," I say, starting to make him a bottle as well.

Mom makes Chloe's bottle and returns to the room. I warm up Leon's bottle and follow.

I pick Leon up out of his crib and sit in the rocking chair. I place the bottle in his mouth and he immediately stops crying.

"How should I do my hair?" I ask Ezra.

"I think Ricky mentioned he likes it curly, if I remember correctly," he chuckles.

"Cool," I smirk, taking out my curling iron.

"Don't let him hurt you again," Luke warns.

"Trust me, I got this," I smirk.

"For your sake I hope so," Jesse smiles, walking in.

"It's 12:30. I gotta get the babies dressed," I giggle.

I take Chloe from the playpen and take her to her and Leon's room. I find her onesie that says "If you think I'm cute you should see my daddy." I smile as I think of the day Ricky and I bought this. I put it on her and take her back to the playpen. I grab Leon and change him into a "Momma's boy" onesie.

I put shoes on both kids and grin.

"Have fun," Ezra grins, hugging me.

"Not too much fun," Luke winks, earning a swat on the arm from mom.

"I won't," I reassure mom, giggling.

She grins and Ricky's car pulls up.

"He's here!" Luke calls.

"I need to have a talk with this boy," Jesse scowls.

"Jesse not now," I grin.

Ricky knocks on the door and Ezra opens it. I walk into the babies room as he says hey to everyone. I grab their carseats and carry them to the living room.

"Let me do it," Ricky smiles, grabbing Chloe out of the playpen.

He buckles both children in. I say bye to everyone and give my mom a kiss on the cheek. I walk outside and take a seat in Ricky's passenger seat while he buckles in the kids.

"Thanks," I grin as he sits in the driver's seat.

"I've got my stroller in the trunk. I was thinking we could go to the park and then eat," he smiles.

"Sounds good," I smile.

He starts his car and pulls out of the driveway, heading towards the park.

"So, how have you been?" I ask, making conversation.

"I've been ok. How have you been?" he asks.

"It's been rough, but I'm alright now," I smile.

"That's good," he smiles, glancing at me.

"Why did you and your girlfriend break up?" I ask.

"She cheated on me," he says.

"Oh the irony," I roll my eyes.

His mouth goes into a flat line and I hold back my laugh.

"That wasn't funny," he says.

"I thought it was," I smirk.

He looks at me and gives a small smile. I think I pissed him off. Whoops.

We pull up at the park and he gets his double-seated stroller out of the trunk. I get Leon out of his carseat and he gets Chloe out.

"Nice onesie," he smirks.

I sigh with relief. I don't think he's mad anymore.

He puts Leon in the stroller and I hand him Chloe and he does the same with her. We start walking on the trail in a comfortable silence.

"Do you think we could ever work things out?" Ricky asks out of nowhere.

"I'm not sure," I frown.

"I'll do anything to win you back," he frowns.

"Just give it some time," I give him a small smile.

His hand brushes against mine and I blush. He grabs my hand and looks at me for a response. I give him a small smile and he walks, pushing the stroller with one hand and holding mine with the other.