What Lies Ahead Chapter 3

The week goes by slowly, and it’s Sunday night. I haven’t heard from Ricky at all, but everyone has been here to see the twins. Ricky is staying with Ezra, but that’s all I know.

“So you’re gonna watch the twins while I’m at school tomorrow?” I ask mom.

My mom has Mondays and Tuesdays off, so I can figure out who can watch my babies.

“Yes, don’t worry honey,” Mom smiles.

“I’m gonna miss them tomorrow,” I frown.

“You can come get them as soon as school is over,” she grins.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” I smile.

I hug mom goodbye and get the twins ready for bed. I wonder if Ricky will be at school tomorrow.

The next morning I wake up tired as ever. I only woke up twice with the babies, and I’m thankful they didn’t wake up more during the night.

I put Leon in a blue onesie and put Chloe in a red one.

“You two look so cute,” I kiss both their cheeks.

I get ready and watch them at the same time. I buckle them in their carseats and put them in the car. I run inside and grab my bookbag before heading to mom’s.

“I miss my kids so much already,” I frown as I get out of my car and walk to the crew.

“You’ll see them after school,” Paige puts a hand on my shoulder.

“That’s so far from now,” I groan.

“You’ll make it through. I know you will,” Chase pulls me in for a hug.

“See you at lunch,” Luke says to us, and Paige and I head to literature.

“How are the kids?” Ezra asks as we’re the first in class.

“I miss them so much already,” I frown.

“Ricky misses them too,” Ezra says.

“His ass should’ve been around when I was up all night with them,” I groan.

Ricky’s been calling me the past two days begging to see his kids. I’m starting to give in.

“Just give him a chance,” Ezra smiles.

“I’ll think about it,” I say as I take my seat.

“What’s for lunch today?” I ask Paige as I join her in the lunch line.

“Pizza,” she smirks.

“Yummy,” I grin.

“Did the slut have her babies already?” Kendall snickers.

“Yeah, and they’re smarter than you at almost two weeks old,” I smirk.

“They’re probably ugly as shit,” Samantha sneers.

“Don’t talk about my fucking kids like that!” I turn around and hold out my fist, making Samantha scream.

I feel someone pull me back, and I turn around to see Luke.

Kendall and her brats scurry off.

“Damn they’re so mean,” Paige rolls her eyes.

“I can’t wait until graduation so I never have to see them again,” I smirk.