Chapter 27

"Hey everyone. Hi Mrs. Manders. How are you?" Ricky asks as he steps into the room.

"Much better. Thank you for asking," she gives a small smile.

Mom and Jesse give the kids goodbye kisses and I carry Leon and Ricky carries Chloe outside. I load Leon into his car and give them both kisses.

"Can we talk?" Ricky asks.

"Sure," I plaster a smile.

"Ezra told me you and him ended things for me. That means a lot, and I'm sorry. I guess it just hurt knowing you two were together. I just wanted our family back."

"I'm sorry we were sneaking around. Honestly, after you left, I sat there for the longest time wishing you were there with me. I wished our family was together, but when I realized you weren't coming back, I had to get over it. I couldn't wait any longer," I sigh. 

"I'm here now," he chuckles.

"Look, Ricky, I don't think I ever want to be with you again. I'm sorry, but after what you did there's no going back for me."

"I know, Jo, and I want you to know how sorry I am."

"I know you're sorry, and that means a lot. I just think we're better off as Chloe and Leon's parents, but nothing more," I say.

"I'm ok with that. Thank you for letting me take them tonight. I hope your mom gets to feeling better."

"Thanks Ricky," I smile.

He gets into his truck and I wave to him as he drives off. I return to mom's room and her and Jesse both have curious looks on their faces. I explain to them what Ricky says and mom gives me a smile.

"Go," she says.

"What?" I ask.

"Go get Ezra. You two are made for each other."

"He doesn't want to be with me because of Ricky."

"From what you just told us it sounds like Ricky was giving you two his ok," Jesse says.

"Maybe, but I don't think Ezra wants to," I frown.

"And how would you know that?" A voice at the door asks.

I turn around to see Ezra standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Hi," I blush, and that's the only word I can get out of my mouth. 

I walk over to him and he walk through the hallway.

"Ricky called me and apologized," Ezra says.

"Are you two ok now?" I ask.

"Yes, we are," he says.

"So, what does that mean?" I ask.

Ezra grabs my face, leans down, and kisses me. 

"Jo, I want you to be my girlfriend," he says.

"I would love to," I say, smiling hard.

Everything for once, feels so right.