Chapter 37

The next morning, I wake up on the couch next to Paige. We all fell asleep watching movies late last night after Ezra had went to bed and Ricky had left. 

Having Ricky here last night wasn't so bad, and it was actually kind of fun. 

I get up and pop my head into Ezra's room. He's sitting on his bed, reading a book and drinking coffee.

"Good morning handsome," I smile.

"How'd you sleep?" he asks. 

"I probably would've slept better in here," I giggle. 

I join him on the bed and he kisses my forehead. 

"Thanks for not feeling weird about Ricky being here," Ezra says.

"I mean, he was your best friend, and I still feel bad about ruining that," I say. 

"Stop feeling bad," Ezra says, pulling me closer.

I lay my head on his chest and cuddle up next to him, falling back asleep with the rhythm of his chest.

"Good morning everyone," I say, walking into the living room and seeing everyone awake.

"How'd you sleep?" Paige asks.

"Good," I smile, making myself a cup of coffee from the pot Ezra brewed. 

I sit down next to Ezra on his recliner and kiss his cheek. 

"So, when do you guys have to get back?" I sigh. 

"Tonight, so we still have the whole day ahead of us. What do you want to do?" Luke asks.

"Well, the fair is in town," Paige smiles.

"That sounds fun," I grin. 

"The fair it is," Chase says.

I walk into Ezra and I's new room to start getting ready. Ezra comes in the room a few minutes later.

"I'm going to sit this one out. Have some time with your friends," Ezra smiles.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"You haven't seen them in a while, and I don't want to intrude. We can go to the fair together some other time if you want," he smiles.

"Thanks Ezra," I smile.

He gives me a soft kiss and we chat as I get ready. 

"So, where to first?" Luke asks when we get there.

"Let's go on the ferris wheel," I say.

We get in line for the ferris wheel and show the guy our unlimited ride bracelets. We all get on the same cart. 

The ferris wheel starts squeaking and shaking as it goes up. 

"How nice," Chase jokes.

I look around at as much as I can while we go around, and the view is beautiful. 

"So, how's the college life?" I smile.

"Not the same without you," Paige frowns. 

"I wish I could be up there," I say.

"We'll have to just visit more," Luke says.

"Well, I have to ask Ezra first, but on the day before Thanksgiving I wanted to cook a big meal and host Thanksgiving at the apartment. Sort of like a house warming thing, but Thanksgiving. I want all of you there, mom and Jesse, and I was even thinking about inviting Ricky, for Ezra, and his parents too. I figured I could do it the day before Thanksgiving so you all could spend Thanksgiving with your families," I smile. 

"I'm down," Chase says.

"Same here," Luke adds.

"Count us in," Paige smiles. 

"So, did you enjoy it?" Ezra asks when Paige drops me off later that night.

"I had a blast, but I'm sad that they're already gone, but I wanted to run something by you," I say.

"Go ahead," he smiles.

"Thanksgiving is in a few weeks, and I want to host Thanksgiving here, the day before. We could invite mom, Jesse, Luke, Paige, Chase, your parents, and even Ricky, if you want," I smile.

"That sounds perfect, but you're cooking right?" he chuckles.

"I was hoping you could help me. I'm not the greatest cook," I blush.

"Neither am I. We'll figure it out together," he winks. 

I give him a huge hug and sigh. 

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"I just miss my dad. I talked to him the other day, and he said he's trying his best to come down for Christmas. I haven't seen him in a while."

"We'll make sure he gets down for Christmas," Ezra smiles. 

"So, the twins will be back tomorrow. Are you sure you're ready?" I ask.

"As ready as I'll ever be," he smiles. 

I give him a long, soft kiss as we make our way into the bedroom to get some much needed sleep.