epilogue

avalyn sparrow

"He ate nine hot dogs in one hour? That's fucking disgusting!" I commented with my phone on speaker phone. Elena was catching me up on her and Cole's recent stroll through Central Park. Their relationship has been on and off. Right now it seems to be on. But Elena is a very complicated person and I think Cole has yet to find out how to handle her or vice versa since Cole is Cole.

"That's what I said. He barfed so much I contemplated taking him to the hospital," Elena laughed her contagious laugh that I couldn't help but share. "I can't wait to see you," she squealed and I was just as excited.

I hadn't seen her in person in a year and a half.

Justin and I were stopped in Paris where his last show took place last night. Tonight would be our last night here before we went back home tomorrow morning.

The tour flew by faster than expected. I couldn't imagine letting him go through it alone. It was taking a toll on him and I was happy to be his support person. During the day we would spend time exploring the different cities and at night he'd have his concerts. I would attend some of them and others I would be asleep in the hotel room.

"Avalyn, baby, I'm going to need you to speed things up because we need to go," Justin complained from somewhere in the suite. I was seated in the bathroom at the vanity while doing my makeup. Justin wanted to go out for dinner. This seemed like the perfect city to do so.

"I thought you said 7," I ran the hair straightener through my curls. I wanted a change for the night. It was only 6pm and Justin looked to be stressed out from the sound of his voice.

"If you're not early you're late," Justin gave me an answer that is so unlike him. Justin is late to everything. I'm the one usually on his ass, even if I have to do my makeup and hair.

"Elena, I have to go. But we're leaving tomorrow. I'll probably be there tomorrow night."

"We can have a sleepover!" Elena suggested. Despite no longer being kids, I was excited to spend the night together and get in a pillow fight.

"Sure. I'll text you later," I listened to her hung up before continuing to do my hair. When I felt it was up to par, I gathered all my things then left the bathroom to put my heels on. "Okay grumpy ass, I'm ready," I spun around for him to get a complete look of my outfit. He stood from the couch with a smile before picking me up to spin in his arms.

"You look fucking beautiful, as usual," he put me on my feet for me to look up at him.

"Well, don't you look handsome," I poked his nose.

Justin was a fucking sight. He wore a black turtle neck and black dress pants. The jewelry around his neck was gold and fuck. He's so fucking sexy. Especially with the belt around his waist.

Justin and I have been together for more than two years and I've never seen this look on his face. He looked like he just got off a rollercoaster and is going to vomit any moment now.

"What's wrong big boy? You look like you're about to shit your pants. Do you need to poo before we go?" I squeezed his ass and went on my toes to kiss his chin.

"Fuck you. Let's go," Justin walked over to the elevator in the suite where I continued to poke at him.

Something was noticeably different and none of my usual tactics were not working. He was zoning out like he usually does when he's thinking of the lyrics to his songs, except his tour is over and there's no need for that. His hands were shaking, even as we left the hotel and were bombarded by the paparazzi. I held onto his belt loop behind him as him and his security led us to the car.