eighteen

avalyn sparrow

I don't remember the last time I had a nightmare. But this one fully consumed me. It was the most realistic thing I had felt. I felt Seth's hands on me. I heard my father's yelling. My throat was sore from yelling and begging Seth to stop. It was a cycle and never ending. Every time I thought I had woken up, I was still in the nightmare but this time worse. There was no escaping it and no matter how much I screamed, I was still stuck.

"Ava. Avalyn," Justin's voice echoed in my head but it couldn't be real. Hands were holding me down and preventing me from moving and I didn't know what was happening because my eyes were still shut. "Ava, wake up."

"Please stop," I whispered, seeing Seth form in my head. I moved my hands to push him off me but he was too firm. "Please stop."

"Avalyn, baby, it's me. You're having a nightmare," Justin continued to try pulling me from the nightmare. I held onto his voice, using it to shoot my eyes open. The room was dark but Justin's looming shadow hovered over me. "I'm gonna get you water," he rushed out of the room. I felt my chest, sweat drenching my clothes. I pulled the shirt off to put on the ground. Justin came back into the room, sitting on the edge of the bed while I gulped the water down.

"I'm sorry," I wiped my head, putting the glass on the nightstand.

"What was it about?" Justin curiously asked. Even the thought of my nightmare made me want to cry. This was humiliating.

"I don't remember," I lied, looking down at his hand on my thigh. "You can sleep with me if you want." This was me throwing an olive branch to see if he'd be compliant. He took my offer, getting into the bed with me. I laid back down, my head going on his shoulder while he held me.

"Tomorrow is going to be Christmas Eve," he reminded me. "I don't like fighting with you, baby," Justin finally admitted and I couldn't agree more. More than ever, I needed him and it sucked not having him to talk to. Especially during a time that's supposed to be filled with happiness and joy.

"I don't like fighting with you either," I looked up at his brown eyes that I'm obsessed with. They coat me in warmth and are my safe haven.

"I'm sorry about the things I said. I shouldn't have yelled at you and I know I've been a dick lately. I just get so scared. I so badly want to shield you from every bad thing in this world and one them just happens to be a man you've got this terrible weakness for," he stroked my cheek and I leaned further into his touch because of how much I missed it. "I trust you and I know you can take care of yourself. I just don't trust him."

My hands went to his chest that I slowly rubbed. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was talking to him again. And if you want me to avoid him, I will. I don't want him to make us fight," I kissed his chest. He didn't share his opinion after that and instead settled for kissing me. The kiss was long overdue and it excited my body. His tongue entered my mouth while his hands held my behind. "Having you yell at me really scared me, Justin. I thought...I thought you were going to hit me. You were so angry."

I hated ending the kiss, but I wanted to tell him exactly where my head was at. Things can't get better if he doesn't know what to fix.

"I'm sorry, baby. And I hope you know, no matter how angry I am, I would never hit you. I would never touch you like. I won't raise my voice with you again," he apologized and it helped with some of my tense feelings. "I'm so happy you're here this Christmas," he whispered into a kiss with a smile on his lips. I slid my hand down his chest until I arrived at his boxers. Sliding past the elastic, I held onto his dick growing larger by the second.

"Maybe you can show me how happy. I've never had sex in Canada before," I bit his lower lip as he grunted.

"We better fix that."