fifteen

avalyn sparrow

"Come shower with me," Justin asked when I entered the bathroom. He opened the shower door for me to join him. I refused, going over to kiss him. His wet hands went on my waist before I went to the sink to brush my teeth. The shower door remained open and my eyes kept glancing behind to look at him. The muscles on his back and arms were making my lower lips wet and I had to squeeze my thighs closed. Fuck, this man is the most attractive human being I have ever seen.

I finished my routine quicker than usual just to rush out of the bathroom. The entire front glass was open to allow the fresh air from the beach into the room. I watched the water, finding splashes in the water. Leaping out of the water was dolphins. Real life dolphins.

"Justin! Justin!" I screamed, jumping up and down in the same spot from excitement. I continued to scream his name until he rushed out of the shower with a towel barely around his waist. He looked like he was ready to fight someone. "Look, dolphins," I spoke in awe before he looked at me annoyed.

"You fucking scared. I thought someone was kidnapping you or some shit," he went into his drawer to put boxers on.

"We are on an island with just the two of us. Who would kidnap me?"

"Pirates," he looked at me like I was stupid. His eyes went to what I was looking at. "You've never seen dolphins before?" His voice went soft, his hand going on my back.

"No. I haven't. And they're so close. I wanna touch them," I pouted while I looked back at the water. They eventually disappeared and I was forced to change into something presentable. I chose a flowy skirt and tank top. I slid my sandals on then went to the kitchen to snack on grapes on the table.

Despite enjoying our isolated bubble, Justin suggested we go to the mainland to walk around. I wasn't opposed to the idea because as much as I love our privacy, I would love to see the rest of the country. I want to see the people and their buildings and their culture.

"Hi, sorry I'm looking for my girlfriend. Can you help me find her? She's short, cheeky but palatable when she's warmed up to you and only wears hoodies. Heavy emphasis on only wears hoodies," Justin pretended to search around this kitchen for me. I bit my lip to hide my smile from forming. He never fails to make me laugh.

"It's cold in the New York right now. Wait until summer hits. I'm all for skirts and dresses," I took him by surprise. He's right about me only ever wearing hoodies. But I enjoy wearing skirts and feeling like a girl. Summer is my peak season where I feel most like myself.

"Well then I cannot wait for summer," he took my hand in his and brought it high to spin me around. The way he reacts with all of my clothing choices makes me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. No man has ever made me feel this way.

At the end of the dock was a boat waiting for us. It felt weird to leave our small island, but I knew we would be going back there tonight. The boat ride to the mainland didn't take more than half an hour. When we arrived my excitement was beaming. Justin and I were able to walk to streets and pretend to be a normal couple.

Few people shared stares and even fewer asked for photos. He held my hand tightly as we walked through the town packed with people. It was refreshing to interact with other people. We stopped at different stores and picked up a few souvenirs for friends back home. He bought far more than I did. I was only buying for Elena. A graffiti wall caught Justin's attention that he expressed his liking for before we noticed a man with an easel. He drew sketches of caricatures.

"Let's get one."

My eyebrows scrunched together at his idea. I hate pictures, so I don't know what made him think I would ever want anyone to draw me. But he wouldn't stop begging and I also wanted to make him happy. So I sat down in the seat beside him and let the man take his time drawing our faces. I would be lying if I said I didn't love it. I loved how Justin had an excuse to just hold me. But I wasn't going to say it aloud for Justin to know.