Chapter 54 : Missing You

London

“Since Harry was missing, I have become the reporters' target,” Louis complained. He looked at his bestfriend’s face before he shifted his sight towards the TV.

Zayn squeezed Louis’ shoulder gently. He understood his friend’s suffering. He was shocked when he saw the news on the paper. He didn’t dare to make speculation. But a tree won’t shake on it’s own without the wind blowing on it.

“Maybe the monkeys had shaken the tree, that’s why it was shaking.” Liam exclaimed when they were chatting through a phone call.

Zayn rolled his hazel eyes, “I’m serious here Lee!

“Me too!” Liam exclaimed before he laughed lightly. “Okay... okay. It was a joke.” 

“Typical man,” Zayn huffed at his cousin. “Making joke of a serious matter. Do you know how sad Louis is? He was crying from morning until night and he is pregnant! His husband should stay beside him but Harry was missing without trace. What a joke!”

“Zee, we cannot make any assumptions. Only they know the truth.” Liam advised his cousin. 

Zayn rolled his hazel’s eyes before sighing, “I know Lee... When will you come back?” he changed the  subject.

“This Christmas,” Liam simply said. “I’ll call Lou later. Please look after him okay?”

Zayn was pulled from his thought when a drop of warm water dripping on his wrist.

“I miss him!” Louis whined while tightly hugging his friend. His tears were running non stop. He had tried to hold his longing for Harry but he was defeated. When he was alone in their home, their memories together would visit him.

Louis tried to show his strong side in front of others. He would act like his usual self in front of Harry’s parents. But he had a feeling Anne knew about his suffering by her sad stare towards him.

He knew that Des and Anne were also missing Harry’s absence but they couldn’t trace him. Harry didn't answer their call. Harry had left them for a week. In that one week, people were still talking about Harry and Xander’s scandal.

“I understand.” Zayn rubbed on Louis’ shoulder softly. “Of course. He’s your husband. But Lou, you must brace your heart. Be strong for your baby. Look at me, I’ve clashed for 10 times but I’m still like this. Maintain!” He joked trying to cheer Louis up.

Louis smiled lightly, but a bland one. He was touched by his friend’s effort to heal his feelings and emotions.

“I was not expecting these.” Louis said regretfully. “I thought that I could stand on my own but I was wrong.”

“Come on Lou.” Zayn pulled Louis gently away from his embrace. “You cannot blame yourself. Everyone makes mistake.” 

“But I made he left our home.” Louis cut him. 

Louis remembered waking up in the morning one week before, he noticed that Harry was not by his side. Louis tried to calm himself, maybe he went to the office or maybe to their parents’. He waited until at night but Harry was nowhere could be seen. Louis grew panicked. He went to Harry’s section in their closet. His worries had proven when he noticed that one of their hand-carry bag was missing and a few of Harry’s clothes were gone. Louis fell on his knees. His shoulders were shaking by his sobbing.

“Now, I feel regrets. I couldn’t made myself talk to him even though he called me every nights.” Louis exclaimed.

Zayn’s brow lifted. “Seems like he really loves you.”