Chapter 31 : Run

London

Louis slowly opened his sore eyes. He could hear Harry's soft snores behind him. He swallowed his saliva before he braved himself to turn his head behind him. In the dim light of his bedroom he saw Harry was deep in his sleep. He glanced at his alarm clock, 4.50 a.m. He carefully pushed himself from the bed lifting Harry's hand from his waist didn't want to wake him up when he felt a jolt of sharp pain on his lower back. He hissed while rubbing his back with his right hand.

He stood up from the bed conscious of his naked state before he slowly grabbed his phone sneaking into his bathroom with a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. He was about to scream when he saw litters of mark and bruise on his skin. He snapped out of his trance to wash his face with warm water. He changed into the outfit before he carefully called for a cab to fetch him in front of his house.

He went back into his bedroom to pack a few of his clothes into his duffel bag. After he collected all of his necessities, he grabbed his phone, wallet and the house key to exit the bedroom after he threw a glance towards Harry who was sprawling on the bed unaware of what was happening.

......................................................................

"So? You ran away just like that?" Zayn asked him while handing a small clean towel. Zayn was surprised when his best friend rang his doorbell on freaking 5.15 in the morning.

Louis wiped his wet hair with the towel. His eyes were blood-shot red. During his ride to Zayn's apartment, he was crying again in the cab until the driver handed him some tissues worried of him.

He put the towel on his thigh before he picked a cup of Yorkshire that Zayn made for him. The warm liquid soothed his sore throat.

Zayn was busy retrieving Louis' clothes from his bag to transfer them into his closet.

"I don't know why he did that to me?" he whispered lowly. His voice was shaking. "I've nothing now, Zee. I've tainted. My dignity has gone." He sobbed again.

When he thought about it again, he was furious. He pinched his wedding band on his finger wanting to break it into pieces.

"Zee, I don't want to go back to that house. I'm afraid!"

Zayn caressed his shoulder, trying to calm his best friend down.

"You can stay here as long as you want. Make this apartment as your own home."

"Don't you mind? That I will burden you. But I don't have anyone else. There's nowhere else for me to go." He cried sadly.

Zayn hugged him. "Lou... I'm your best friend and you can always count on me."

Louis smiled softly. He was grateful to have a friend like Zayn, who understands him and always be by his side when he needed.

"Zee, I want you to promise me," Louis asked. Do not ever tell Harry about this. I'm not ready to face him yet."

Zayn nodded his head, agreeing.
Louis smiled. He laid his back on the couch. He was exhausted.

"There's one thing that I didn't understand." Zayn suddenly spoke. "What made him acting like that?"

Louis opened his eyes. He sighed.
"He wanted a prove that between Liam and me, there were nothing happened. He knew that I met Liam when I was in Donny, that's why he went berserk like that." Louis was confused of how did Harry knew about their meeting.

"He's crazy." Zayn shook his head. He was confused of Harry's behaviour at that time. Why was he angry when he didn't even consider Louis as his husband? This must've been a jealous problem. Isn't jealousy means love? If it is love, isn't that the good thing for them?