Hopeless Friend

As the teacher slowly finishes his lesson, the bell rings. 

Sweeping most of the items into your backpack, you're stopped when he tells you all that you have a project to do over the weekend.

Most of the class groans, but you don't. You were practically use to it by now, which doesn't mean that you wanted to do it.

Just means that you don't complain.

"You're going to have partners. Once I call your name, you can leave. (Y/n) (L/n) is with Zane Ro'Meave." He says, you don't bother listening as you grab your stuff and go out of the classroom.

Zane goes out before you do, and the last time you had to to a project with a partner, you were stuck doing it alone.

Not gonna happen again.

"Zane!" You call out, he stops a moment, turning to look at you, "Of course we have the project to do. I'll stop by your house after school."

"Why do you know where I live?" He asks.

You shrug, smiling "I'm friend with Vylad, duh."

After that, you walk past him, going to your locker and switching out your books before moving on to the class.

The warning bell rings right as you enter the classroom, you spot your friend in back.

Sliding in next to her, she turns to you "That project in second hour, is bleh."

"Tell me about it. But at least I got paired with Zane." You say, sighing contently.

"Aw! How romantic! And a coincidence, don't let this opportunity pass you by or I swear to Irene, you'll never hear the end of it." She says quickly.

"Like I'm gonna confess I like him. What do you think is gonna happen? A heated make-out session? One that you had with -"

"We don't speak of his name!" She shouts slightly, cutting you off.

A few other students turn to take a glance at you two, (F/n) furrows her eyebrows and makes a shooing motion, as if to tell them to mind their own business.

"Anyways, you should tell him that you like him. I'm sure it won't matter."

"Except for the fact that he's a practical loner."

"You like him, do you can't complain." She says.

"I didn't even confirm that I like him." You say.

"Well, you've been acting like it." She says casually.

The bell rings, the teacher wasn't in the classroom yet, so that means it was either a free period, the sub was late, or the teacher was late.

"Oh! Did I tell you who I like?" She asks.

"Dante." You say automatically, then mimicking her voice "Because he's so hot. And I know he's dated two girls at once before but I just don't care -"

"Okay, you can stop now." She says, laughing, "Oh my Irene! Can you do a Zane impression?"

"Uh, that's easy. He has the highest pitch voice, I have ever heard." You say, clearing your throat, "Hello, I'm Zane. I have secrets and I sit alone at lunch."

"Okay, boo. That one sucked." She says.

"Well, maybe its because I'm not as mean as you." You say.

"Since when am I mean?" She asks, offended.

"Remember that time you tripped a girl in the hallway -"

~ Time Skip To After School At Their House ~

You stop in front of the Ro'Meave house, already putting a smile on your face.

Your fingers make their way to the doorbell, you hear it echo throughout the house before footsteps, then the door swings open.

"Oh! (Y/n)! No one told me you were coming over." Zianna says.

"I'm here to do a project with Zane." You say.

She frowns "He just left with his brothers. He insisted on going to the park."

"Well then." You said, smirking slightly, "I'll just sit here until he gets back, if its all the same to you."

"Of course! I'm making cookies!" She says, stepping aside.

As you go inside, she shuts the door behind you.

Zane, had just made a big mistake on not being here.

You didn't care how long you would have to wait, but you weren't doing the project alone, with a teammate that refused to work with you.

And you thought Zane knew better, too.

Taking off your shoes by the front door, you go into the dining room to set your backpack down, pulling out the stuff that you grabbed from home, before coming here.

As everything got laid out on the table, Zianna came in with a few cookies.

"I'm sorry he isn't here. My Zuzu doesn't normally do this."

You smile "Its fine, Zianna. I can wait. I'll just sit on my phone and come up with ideas. You'll hardly know I'm here." 

She smiles, setting the cookies down next to yo before waving, going back into the kitchen.

Grabbing a cookie, you nibble on it before scrolling through Google, looking for any ideas that might work for the project.

And after thirty minutes of sitting there, you had started the layout for the poster, leaving enough work for Zane to do when he got back.

Which wouldn't be for another hour and a half.

When they walked in the door, you turned your attention to it briefly before looking at the project again.

"Could've had it done earlier." You mutter.

Garroth and Vylad were still laughing, but the third laugh died out.

When you turn and looked, you saw a very pale Zane.

"Oh hey! Nice you could finally come back. I left plenty of work for you to finish off. Outline the pencil marks neatly, print out and glue the articles, sign your name on the back, and then its finished. Nice for you to help." You said, as sweetly as you can before you got pissed.

"Zane- you didn't tell us you had a project with (Y/n)." Vylad says, frowning.

"Its fine, Vylad. As long as he finished the rest over the weekend and brings the poster to school Monday, I'll be alright." You say, getting up and pushing your stuff back into the backpack, only leaving the poster board and paper for the articles.

When you walk back over, you give Vylad a hug, before turning to Zane, ruffling his hair a little.

Grabbing your shoes, you turn around slightly "See you Monday."

As you walk out of the house, you hear Vylad say "You're an idiot!"

Crap, yes?

Long, YES

1,000 words is gr8, si? si

Anyways, double update

Probably more if I'm still gonna be bored today lol

Hope you enjoyed and have a great day and until next time ~ Quinn