chapter 5

seaside the kooks

Sebastian

My longing to leave this God-awful hospital was getting worse every second. It's been a week since I last saw Luna, and the doctors have been telling me how better I've been.

I think it might be Luna who has been making me better. People have always told me that it doesn't matter the person or the situation, but depression comes and goes as it pleases. And that may be the case. I believe she is helping me. How could a smile like hers not?

I had been told though that I may be able to go home and see my family soon.

"Sebastian you have a visitor," a woman said, knocking on my door. I slipped on a pair of sweatpants and went out to the main area. Luna was sitting at a table, tapping her fingers against it impatiently. She seemed preoccupied.

"Hey Luna," I smiled at her. She grinned but I could tell something was wrong.

"Hey," she greeted. I pulled up a chair across from her and she crossed her legs.

"So you haven't been over in a week. How have you been?" I asked.

"Well, to be completely honest, I've been feeling pretty lost lately." She shook her head.

"Why?" I leaned in closer to her, staring into her forest green eyes. They had little golden speckles that looked like tiny stars. It was a dangerous game looking Luna in the eyes because I always get this feeling in the pit of my stomach. A feeling like I'm going to fall, and I didn't understand it.

"I just want to leave. I don't wanna be here anymore. I don't care if I'll have a shorter life if I leave, but at least I'll have a life," she sighed. Luna placed her elbows on the table and laid her head in her hands.

"I feel the exact same way." I ran my fingers through my messy locks. "We will get out of here someday."

"How can you be so sure?" She questioned, looking up at me through her eyelashes. My heart skipped a beat. Luna was just so gorgeous. Her silky cocoa brown hair fell in waves down to her collarbones. She had such soft features and the most beautiful smile. God, it is insane how gorgeous she is.

"Because I just know. Wanna know something good though?" I said. She nodded.

"The doctors think I've been doing better these past two weeks and they are letting me visit my family this weekend."

"I thought you hated your family."

"I dislike my parents. But I do miss them, especially my little brother. And this is a great opportunity to actually leave this hospital and try and convince my parents to let me stay at home." I smiled. Luna's face dropped but she still smiled. Why did she seem so sad that I get to see my family?

"I'm very happy for you."

I almost asked her about it but I was interrupted.

"Hey guys, wanna play monopoly?" Micah came over with the game in his hands, a bright smile on his face.

"Actually Micah-" I started.

-"I think we should. I haven't played that in a while." Luna smiled and took the game from his hands while he grabbed a chair.

***

"You so cheated," I said.

"That's how the game goes, hun. You landed on my hotel, pay up." Luna smiled evilly as she stared at my little piece sitting on her property with a little red hotel. Boardwalk plus a hotel is not a good mixture. I had been defeated. I built the best empire, too.

"But if I pay you I'll be bankrupt."

"C'mon Sebastian. I had to pay her," Micah said.

I reluctantly handed her all the money I had and she stuffed it in her money pile. I felt like I could cry, this was the most tragic thing that has ever happened to me.

"Guys it's getting late, clean this up please." My nurse came by and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Awe seriously?" Micah whined.

"Yes, it's a little past your guys' bedtime. Yours too, Luna," she said.

"Okay. Bye guys, goodnight and sweet dreams." Luna waved and left through the big doors, pulling her IV behind her.

"She's very pretty," Micah said as he folded up the board game.

Micah was very right. Luna was the epitome of a gorgeous girl, in every way. "Yes, she is."

"