Chapter 29

Lily's PoV

"Negan please let me go with you," I groaned as latched onto his arm.

"Baby you know I've got business that I've gotta do. It could get dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt," he explained as he sat back down next to me. It was early in the morning and I didn't want him to leave my side. He was so warm and with him gone it just felt cold.

"But do you really have to?" I said with a sly smile. Negan smiled back and slowly nodded.

"I really have to," he stared as he pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'll be back tomorrow, I promise."

"Tomorrow?" I sat up more eagerly. "What are you gonna do that's gonna take 2 days?!"

Negan stood up, making me lose my grip. He stood in front of me with a hand on his hip and one going through his hair.

"It's just business with new groups. You know I've gotta do it. I really don't fucking want to but, I kinda have to." He looked down at me with an expression I didn't really like. It was an expression that was hiding the truth. He just wanted to know if it was a good enough explanation that he could get away with.

"Sounds a little vague," I said in a slight sarcastic tone as I stood up from the bed.

"Lily are you fucking kidding me?" I glanced at him over my shoulder to find that he has his arms spread out wide. His footsteps grew closer until he wrapped his arms around my waist. My fingers instinctively interlocked with his gloved ones. "You know that I wouldn't lie to you. I love you and I'm keeping you out of trouble." He placed a small kiss on my cheek and released his arms.

I turned around and pulled him into a hug, my arms wrapping around his back. "Stay safe," I said, my words muffled as I pressed into his leather clad chest.

"I will," he responds as he pulls back. He picks up Lucille and heads for the door. I watch as he opens it, hesitating for just a moment, before he turning back to give me his signature, charming wink. And with that he left, closing the door behind him.

I sat and pondered on what had just happened. His words, his actions, he responses. Something wasn't adding up. He was too vague. He's hiding something. Normally he gives me more detailed description on what he was going to do for the day. But all he said was "business".

My brain was telling me to leave it alone. It was logical to let him go and do his business. Meanwhile, my subconscious was yelling at me to do something.

I waited a couple minutes before I headed down to the cafeteria. I slowly walked down to the breakfast line, trying to listen in on every conversation I could. All I heard was casual small talk. No one cared about Negan leaving, except for me.

I sat down with my breakfast at a table that was next to a window and the doors that led into the courtyard. I used this to see who all was going with Negan. And it seemed to be almost every savior.

What was so important that he wanted every savior to go with him? If he was really just making business with a new group, he would just bring Simon with him. Not his whole crew.

I was about to get up and leave when Joey and Matt strolled past. "Do you really think he's gonna kill one of em?" Joey asked.

Matt scoffed and gave him the truth. "Who does Negan not kill? They'll be lucky to get away with more than half the group." With that they left through the doors, and I made up my mind.

I disposed of my food and ran up to Negan's room. I rummaged through Negan's wardrobe and pulled out a black shirt. It was quite long, almost a dress on me but it had to do. If I was going to be sneaking around, I needed a better shirt than my distressed light blue one.

Black shirt tucked into dark blue jeans and old worn-in boots. I guess this'll have to do. I was about to leave the room I remembered that it's fall, turning into winter. It was gonna be cold outside. I flung open the wardrobe again to only find a leather jacket.

If I get caught with one of Negan's prized leather jackets, I'll definitely get killed. But you know what? Fuck it. I slid on the jacket and dashed out of the room, immediately feeling odd yet powerful with his jacket on.

I made my way down to the courtyard and scanned through the grounds. Negan wasn't insight and all the saviors were surrounding a single truck. This was it. Now or never.

I sprinted towards a different truck that had a covered bed. I slipped under the tarp and crawled through the boxes and supplies. I found a spot near the front that I could easily lay down in and not get seen if they pull up the tarp.

"Alright shit heads, let's roll." I heard Negan yell from the courtyard. I listened to the familiar thuds of his boots come closer to me.

Shit. Did I already fuck up?! Please don't look under here.

My hearts pace became rapid as his footsteps kept growing closer and closer until I could hear his breathing. I heard him take in a large breath and yell to his men. "Let's roll out!" He pulled open the door and slammed it shut, making the whole truck shake.

Once we started moving I finally took in a deep breath. I didn't get caught. But of course I had to pick the truck he was driving. At least I'll know exactly where he is.

{ Alright. 1 chapter left. Let's see what happens. If you think you know what happens, leave a comment! It'll be interesting to see if any of you get it.

ALSO THERES A WALKING DEAD WATTPAD CONTEST FOR THE PREMIERE! I know some of you are incredible writers and I don't want you guys to miss it.(Sadly, you've gotta be 18 or older. I know there's some excellent writers that are younger than that, sorry guys, I'm with you.) But if you're interested, go for it! All the details are on the amc page on Wattpad}