chapter 5

I had never thought a mattress could be so uncomfortable. This one was much worse than the one before. The springs were actually protruding all the way through the thin padding. Because of this I opted to lay on the floor, with my feet propped up on the wall. This wasn't a very good position if I wanted to stay alert and ready because my legs had lost all feeling. But I didn't care. If someone wanted to attack, then they could go right ahead. I was awaiting for Negan and some food that he had promised.

That man was so confusing. He was passive and aggressive and it was honestly impressive. He was the type of guy who would stand back and watch a fight but once someone breathed his way he would snap and possibly end lives. It was terrifying to know how easily his demeanor could change. And I've known him for less than a day.

But, then he had a soft side that was only expressed through his eyes. The only reason why I knew he had this, was the pity that he had shown me when he practically knocked me down in the woods. He only showed it to me, causing him to flip a switch and go back to mean towards Dwight. It made sense why he hid it though. He had to be strong around his men because he couldn't let his leadership wilt away. He also had to do the same around me. He slipped up last night and I understood that. I was new here and he needed to make me understand that he was in control... or at least thats what he thought.

Being an over observer and thinker has its pros and cons. You could learn things if you sat back and watched. But sometimes you would learn things that you wouldn't want to know.

It took me back to my school days where I didn't have any friends. Sure I had many acquaintances but no one I would call a friend. Because of this I spent my lunches alone and eavesdropped on every conversation I could comprehend. Some would say that listening in on others private talks is rude but I would describe it as informational. You could find out who was going to get in a fight, who the new school hoes were, or even stupid inside jokes that would make you laugh later on.

It was all fun and games until you heard them talking about you. Until they described you as creepy and rude. If only they knew why I was always so quiet they would understand. But because of my silence they knew they could make up rumors about me and get away with it because I wouldn't speak up. If there was a way to avoid conflict... I would.

I hated fighting. Ever since my parents relationship fell through because of their unacceptable violence towards each other. I just wanted peace. No more fighting. No more screaming. No more traumatized cries. No more. Just peace and tranquility. I begged for a world of utopia but I knew I would never get one. Especially now since the only way to survive is to fight.

"Hello?" A female voice spoke up. I quickly rolled backwards and found myself on my feet, prepared once again. I had been so deep in thought that I didn't realize this lady had walked in.

"Who are you?" I spoke, surprising myself with the harsh and defensive tone. I didn't mean for it to come out as rough but it was too late now.

"Um... Negan ordered me to bring you some food." As she said so, she held the tray of food out to me through the horizontal slit in the cell door. I hesitated, not sure if I should accept this gesture, but then I remembered that it was food. And food was nice.

"So has he fucked you yet?" The woman said suddenly.

I choked on the bread I had in my mouth. Once I could breath again, I made sure that I heard her right. "Have we fucked yet? Me and Negan?"

"Yeah you and Negan. He almsot always fucks the newbies on the first night. I guess he hasn't assigned that job to you yet." All of this information was a shock to me. My brain couldn't comprehend what she was saying at all.

"What job?" I asked her.

"Being his wife. You're definitely pretty enough and fit enough for the job. He prefers brunettes but your ginger hair would be a change for him. And I think he would totally dig it."

She must've been one of his wives judging how she was dressed. She had on a slim fit black dress that showed quite a bit of cleavage. I asked her, just to make sure my accusations were correct. "So, you are one of his wives? You are actually married to him?"

"No silly goose," she said in a flirtatious manner that made me internally cringe. "You don't marry him, he just takes you in as his own. It's a very nice job to have aswell. Most people have to work in the cafeteria or even on the fence but us wives, we live in the high life. We get our own room to ourselves and Negan will call upon us when he wants to get some action. And honestly, who doesn't want some action from that hottie? Am I right?" She had a playful smirk on her lips, as if she was replaying some of their private moments together. I looked away as I started to feel my face heat up and an odd sensation in the pit of stomach that suddenly made me want to hate this girl. Am I really jealous of her? There's no way. Although having a room to my self would be nice.

That's when it hit me. She wanted me to be jealous. She was trying to seal the deal in me being one of his wives. And I knew Negan was behind this. That sick fuck.

"Well, I'll leave you to eat in peace. And if you ever want a better job, just let me know. I'm Tina by the way." She hesitated, waiting for me to respond but I said nothing. I was still stuck on the plan that I had just foiled.

{ Sorry this was basically a filler chapter. But it had a lot of useful information that will interfere with the future of our mystery girl. And yes, if you are dying to know, you will learn her name in the next chapter.

Also.... Thank you for over 50 reads within a week! That's crazy for new stories! A new update will be coming on possibly Wednesday or Thursday so be ready :) }