Chapter 24

{so I tried to update earlier but Wattpad wouldn't let me :( but atleast it's up now :) }

"Lily, I can't lose you."

His words felt like a smack in the face. A moment of realization of how far I've come. In the beginning I was just another survivor that he couldn't trust. But now Negan wanted to protect me.

"So what's the battle plan?" I asked, hoping to get myself off of the subject. This made Negan smile, as he knew that I were in the right mind frame.

"Well Dwight and Simon are basically stop this group of pricks. What we need to do is find some more assholes to battle against them. Are you up for it?" He asked with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Fuck yeah," I responded with a smirk. I wasn't all for attacking these people. But I was all for teaching them a lesson. And I was willing to do what I had to do.

"Alright we will head out tomorrow with some saviors. And this time I'll let you decide where to go, that is if you have any good fucking ideas," he announced making my head spin. He wanted me in charge. Is he out of his mind? "But for now let's get some rest. We've gotta be ready for the shit storm that's ahead of us."

I nodded and started to gather my things to head back to my room. Until Negan stopped me by standing in front of me. "Where are you going?" He asked, gently placing a hand on my arm.

"Back to my room?" I said in more of a question than I wanted.

"I just told you that I want you by my side. If this group of assholes knows how to take down a whole outpost, I'm sure they could find a way to break into the sanctuary. And I can't risk you being stranded without anything to defend yourself with." By now Negan had dropped his hand off of my arm and had turned his back towards me.

"Okay," I said while understanding where he was coming from. I really didn't want to be defenseless if anything did happen.

Negan pulled me over to a black dresser. He pulled out a drawer and grabbed a random shirt and pants. "You can wear these because you're not getting in my fucking bed with those clothes," he joked as he handed them to me.

"What? You don't like my 2 day old clothes covered in walker guts?" I teased back, making him smirk.

"No not at all. The bathroom is over there," he pointed out. I followed what he said and began changing out of my disgusting clothes. As I did so something was brought to my attention. He just said I'd be getting in his bed. Negan's bed. I'd basically be sleeping with Negan.

My eyes grew wide as I looked at myself in the mirror. I started out as the girl named Mute and now I'm sleeping in Negan's bed, with Negan's clothes.

"Hey are you okay in there?" Negan asked as he knocked on the door, making me fly through the roof. I stammered out a yeah as I quickly finished changing into his baggy clothing.

I walked out of the bathroom to find Negan taking off his shirt. His broad chest that I had seen covered in cloth before were now revealed.

"Oh look, you get to enjoy your favorite hobby again," he smirked as he threw his shirt into a bin.

"And boy am I enjoying it," I said without even thinking. My mouth instantly slammed shut as my cheeks turned to a dark shade of red.

Negan's smirk intensified and his eyes grew dark as he walked up to me. "Well I am flattered that you are enjoying the view."

"Negan," a lady slurred in a low voice as she knocked on the door. Negan froze and anger flashed through his eyes before he spun around to greet her. He opened the door and she walked in instantly, eyes connecting with mine for a moment.

"Sherry, baby. I see you actually knocked this time," he said as he walked towards her. I was still frozen in place, not knowing if I should leave or stay put.

"Well, that's what you told me to do. Besides, I just wanted to make sure you were okay because of these stressful events," she said as she put a hand on his bare chest. Immediately I felt jealousy hit me, until I realized that she was the one allowed to do this.

My heart were pulled at the thought. I was still under his strict rules, as she and his other wives weren't. And I was fucking jealous. I was finally starting to come to terms with my feelings because I thought they were mutual.

"No I'm okay," he said as he held her hand that was on his chest. He slowly started shifting her closer to the door. But she wasn't having it.

"Well, if you ever need anything you know where I am," she said as she looked up at him. He glanced down at her, giving her the opportunity to pull him down to her level.

My fist clenched as their lips collided. My heart shook when she caressed his jaw. My heart broke when he kissed back.

 My heart broke when he kissed back

The sight was too much for me. Too many thoughts hit me at the same time, causing me to turn away. Only did I look again when I heard Negan speak.

"Well thank you Sherry. I don't need anything at the moment," he announced with a husky voice. He wanted more, but he still ushered her out of the door. Once he closed and locked it, he turned back to me with worry in his eyes.

But what he found in mine was anger and jealousy. "You know, I think I'll stay in my room tonight. I'll find you if I need anything," I said with sarcasm dripping from my lips.

"Lily, I'm sorry. I didn't want her to come in here," Negan started but I pushed past him.

"But you wanted to keep kissing her didn't you," I said while unlocking the door. I heard his footsteps come up behind me. Before I could escape out of the door, his arms spun me around, making our lips mold together.

My hands immediately went to the back of his neck as he backed me up against the door. As my fingertips went through his dark curls and his chest collided with mine, I slowly started falling for his trap. But I knew better.

I reluctantly pushed him away, my subconscious screaming at me as we caught our breath. "Not now," I mumbled as I slid out of the doorway.

As I walked away towards my room I could feel his eyes on me. All the way until I turned the corner.

{hi this just happened and I needed to show you all lol

Thank you all so much for all of the votes and over 6,000 reads! And btw I've been trying to write ahead so that's why there's 2 drafts}