chapter 11

{Before I start this chapter I just wanna say thank you for over 500 reads! That's crazy! It seems that every time I updated it goes up another 100 reads which blows my mind. Also I've been getting dozens of votes and I really appreciate that too. Thank you so so much.}

Does anyone know what sleep is anymore because I surely don't. I laid back on my bed and continuously tossed and turned. It wasn't the fact that I was uncomfortable. No. It was because I felt too comfortable.

This is the first time that I've slept in a bed for almost a year. The last time I had was when I was with a group for only 3 days. It was nice while it lasted but we eventually got split up. Now the last time I felt comfortable, was even before the apocalypse started. Life kinda sucked and it was difficult to feel safe and sound back then. But for some reason, I felt safe here. Sure I was surrounded by concrete walls and a door with a lock, but there was something else. Something more.

I just couldn't really figure it out. So that's when I decided to walk it out.

At this point I slid my legs off the side of the bed and grabbed my jeans and my shoes. I didn't even bother changing out of my new night gown. If anyone saw me, oh well.

Negan didn't specify that I needed to stay in my room anyways. I can just wander as I please. And besides, I really needed to pee.

It really sucks that this place doesn't have running water, I thought to myself as I wandered down the hall. I was really hoping to finally find some of that in a place called "The Sanctuary". But as usual, nothing ever lives up to its expectations anymore.

I walked into the community bathroom and glanced at my figure in the mirror. I looked so tired and rugged. My hair was a mess and it looked like I hadn't showered in a very long time... which was true. I sighed and turned away, knowing that I couldn't change that.

Once I finished my business I looked in the mirror one more time and smoothed out my red hair a bit. Being a ginger has its curses and it's blessings. Sure it's pretty, but the sun actually hates us. I sighed once more and walked out of the bathroom. As I looked back to turn off the light I ran into a hard chest. I let out a low grunt as he chuckled. "Hey there."

You've got to be kidding me.

I stepped back to look up at his smirk and enchanting eyes. "What that fuck are you doing up this late?" Negan asked with another chuckle that made my heart melt.

"I-I just needed to go to the bathroom. As you can see." I said quickly, gesturing to the room behind me. His smirk slowly turned into a smile that showcased his perfect teeth.

"Well that's what I was doing too. Sometimes you just can't hold it," he said while leaning back into a shrug. He slipped past me into the bathroom and before he closed he the door he poked his head out, "Wait for me."

As I stood in the hallway I debated on leaving. I was in shock that I had ran into him. That's embarrassing as shit. And besides, I really wasn't up to talking to someone right now. Especially Negan. I needed to stop thinking about him. He's still far too mysterious to get attached to.

He seemed like a genuine guy but with bad intentions. Whoever that group was that killed his men, he was going to kidnap them. Yeah they killed his men but they don't need to be kidnapped. And I know that if they do kidnap them, Negan will definitely knock them around with Lucille.

The image sent a chill down my spine. I quickly shook my head to clear my thoughts. "Ready?" Negan asked as he stepped out of the bathroom. I nodded and let him lead the way. I had no clue where we were going but I didn't really care.

I watched as his broad shoulders slightly swayed as he walked. He walked in such a casual manner. That's when I noticed that he didn't have his jacket or Lucille. He was in just a gray tank top and black sweatpants with a pair of simple glasses. Who knew that someone being in casual clothes could be so hot. And how does he still have glasses?

"Is that your hobby?" Negan spoke up. He had been watching me over his shoulder and I didn't even notice. Of course I tried to play dumb as I raised my eyebrow.

"Don't act dumb, you are always checking me out and I'm fucking flattered," he responded with a devilish smirk.

"I'm not always checking you out," I retorted, the words coming out sassier than expected. I quickly clenched my jaw, hoping he wouldn't get mad.

"Holy shit. There she is. There's the Tiger that finally came out to play." He seemed very surprised by my outburst. And I honestly surprised myself. "I didn't think I would have to give you this rule, but now I'm not too sure. But let's just fucking throw it out there. Don't ever talk back to me. Because that'll just piss me off and give Lucille some satisfaction." Negan said, his tone getting more serious.

I looked down at the ground, wondering if he was serious with the Lucille part. He wouldn't... would he? If someone just talked back...?

"But don't worry, you don't talk enough for that to ever happen Mute," he said, picking the mood back up. I inwardly cringed when he used my dreaded nickname. And I guess he noticed because he spoke again.

"Does it bother you if I call you Mute?" He asked with a sincere tone.

I nodded and of course that response wasn't enough for him. He was curious so he simply asked why. I sighed, knowing that I would have to tell him. "Kids used to tease me and call me Mute, because I never talked. It still bothers me today even though it shouldn't." I bowed my head in shame.

"Damn you were one of those kids. I always felt bad for them but I never did anything about it." I looked up at Negan to see if he was actually telling the truth. "What? You don't fucking believe me? I was one of you to be honest. But then I hit puberty and grew a pair. That's when I started standing up for myself and not giving a shit about others." Negan just shrugged like it was nothing. There wasn't much said after that.

Negan lead me down to the garden outside. I followed behind him in the silence of the night. All we could hear was the calming chirps of crickets. That is until we heard a stick snap behind us, towards the gate. We both turned around to find that there were 3 of the dead aimlessly wandering the courtyard.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding! Who the fuck let these shits in?!" Negan yelled as he headed towards them. This gained the Deads attention and they slowly limped towards us.

{ oh man what's gonna happen? Who messed up and let the walkers in? And how's Negan gonna handle them? Find out in the next chapter of  Tiger Lily!

And as always, feedback is always greatly appreciated. Votes and/or comments are always nice to see. Thanks for reading :) }