Chapter 18

"Lily, we gotta go." Loud bangs on my door startles me, making me jump out of my bed. I shake away the sleep as I find some suitable clothes.

"Shit, what time is it?" I yell through the door. I stumble while rushing to pull up my pants, making me slam into the door. I hear the bang echo down the hallway, surely waking up everyone.

"Jesus Lily use the door knob," Negan chuckles in the hallway. I roll my eyes and wait for his answer. "It's 7 right now."

I open the door, heavily panting from getting ready in less than 3 minutes. "I was supposed to wake up at 7, right?" I ask as I raise an eyebrow.

Negan looks me over and smiles. "You wore the same thing yesterday." He bows his head and let's out another chuckle. "And we were leaving at 7. Not waking up."

"Well this is my favorite outfit. It's clothes that you picked out," I smirk at him playfully. He looks confused for a moment but soon realizes that he only gave me one set of clothes.

"So we are at the joke making stage?" He asks as he smirks as well . He starts walking and I follow beside him.

"If that's how you want to see it then sure," I shrug at him. As we make our way out to the trucks Negan hangs an arm around my shoulder as he pulls me over to the group of people. When they noticed his presence they all dropped to a knee.

"Alright people, shut the fuck up and listen. We've got a newbie here and if she ends up dead, all of you will too," he said gesturing to Lucille who was hanging on his waist. "We are all a team. We stick together and don't mess shit up. Dwight knows where we are going so follow him. Let's get this shit on the road."

The whole group completed their orders in unison and they all got into trucks. Negan and I headed to a truck in the back of the line. Negan opened the door for me and I took a seat. Charming asshole.

Negan sat down in the drivers seat and started up the truck. The low hum of the engine brought back a flow of memories. A healthy mixture of the good and the bad. Mostly of family road trips that were filled with motion sickness.

"You can pick out the music," Negan said as he pulled open the compartment in front of me. As he did so his hand brushed my thigh, instantly making me shift in my seat. Negan caught this but kept to himself, only showing a smirk in response.

I tried to act like nothing happened but my heart rate was much faster than usual. "Uh how about this," I said as I pulled out a Rolling Stones CD.

Negan glanced over and gave me the biggest smile when he saw the CD. "God damn. Finally someone with a good taste in music," he said as he turned back to the road.

Negan began to sing along to the song and he was honestly not the best. But it was still quite amusing to watch him get into the music like he did. After a while I joined in as well and started to feel my mood pick up.

Once one of the songs hit the chorus Negan let me sing on my own. I normally would have stopped singing but this time I felt more confident. More comfortable.

"Sing it baby!" Negan yelled over the music. His choice of words shocked me and I lost my focus.

Thank god we were finally at our destination. Negan pulled over behind all of the other trucks and jumped out, leaving me behind. I sat in a daze, thinking about what just happened.

He really just called me baby. His voice kept replaying in my head until I heard a knock on the window next to me. I turn my head to find a confused Negan opening the door. "Are you coming?" He asks as he holds out a hand for me.

"Yeah sorry," I say as I shake the thoughts out of my head. I take his hand and let him help me out of the truck. I expected him to let go but instead he intertwined our fingers. My lips curl at this and I look up to see Negan looking down at me, smiling as well.

Something in that moment clicked. There was no more denying it. I was falling for this man. This man with alluring brown eyes and a baseball bat clad in barbed wire And I was falling hard.

{sorry for coming back with such a short chapter. A lot of family things have been going on and school is ending so I don't have a lot of free time. Hopefully I can write more during the summer. And hopefully I still have a few faithful readers that didn't give up over this month break. Thank you.}