Chapter 26

Lily's POV

"So what did you do to your arm?" I asked as I leaned back in the headboard of his bed. I lifted up his bandaged arm and noticed that it must have been wrapped by Carson.

"Well I got pissed off and threw a glass. A shard came back and cut me," he chuckled.

"Did Carson put stitches in it?" I asked. Negan nodded and dazed off. I watched in amazement and amusement. He always tries to act so badass towards his people, but he's really not that mean. Or maybe I'm too forgiving...

"So I've been thinking," Negan spoke up. I pulled away from my thoughts of self doubt and gave him my full attention. "Maybe I should take a break. Carson mentioned that I shouldn't be this stressed out and I needed to take a day off and maybe he's right," he said while turning towards me.

"Well I will say that you should take a day to break away from all the pain that there's been. But who would take over?" I asked, remembering that he is the leader here. And a community that's used to having a leader and suddenly doesn't have one can create some trouble.

"I'll have Simon do it. He's the most clear headed fucker here," he said. I nodded in agreement realizing that he probably would be the best option. "But there's another thing that I was thinking about," he said while sitting up from the headboard. He turned his body towards me, smiling shortly after. "I want you to take the day off with me. I know that you haven't really been doing your job," Negan admitted as I emitted a nervous chuckle.

"But where would we go? The last time we left the sanctuary we almost died." I said, beginning to worry about his plan.

"Well we didn't almost die. The walkers didn't know we were there. But I found this pretty nice place and I think you would love it," he said with a smirk. I hitched an eyebrow up at him, wanting him to explain.

"Tomorrow I'll show you the surprise and I'll have Simon take over the show. He can handle it if any shit goes down," Negan explained with not much worry in his tone. He felt confident in Simon and knew that if the Alexandria people tried anything, he could fix it.

I nodded but started to question his "surprise". "You'll just have to wait and find out sweetheart. It's not too far from here but we are still gonna have to drive."

As Negan talked I began to slide down the headboard and sprawled out on the bed. The sheets felt soft to the touch, and the mattress conformed to my body with ease. It was such a nice feeling to lay down on a mattress that wasn't filled with springs.

"You good over there?" Negan chuckled as he laid down as well, turning into his side so he could still look at me.

"Yeah I'm f-" I started but I was interrupted with a yawn. Negan smiled as he stood up from the bed.

"I'm gonna get some work done so you can sleep to your hearts content," he said as a walked over to his desk. I watched as he sat down and put on his glasses, which made him hotter somehow. I admired his facial features as he thought and wrote on countless papers, all while I fell away.

----

The warm feeling of an arm wrapped around my stomach made me wake up with a smile on my face. I glanced over at him, his lips slightly parted. I didn't want to get up but my bladder thought different. I didn't want to use the bathroom that was in his room because I didn't want to wake him.

I slowly started scooting out of his grasp until he unconsciously pulled me in closer. I held in a laugh as I pulled his arm off of my waist. Once I finally did he let out a groan and rolled over, revealing his bare back.

I stood up carefully and sleepily made my way to the door. I opened it and started heading over to the bathroom down the hall. But when I turned the corner I ran into someone.

"You bitch," she said as she grabbed my arms. I looked up and found that it was Tina, with Sherry standing behind her. "You fucking took him from us," she told me as her grip tightened. I yanked my arm away and glared at both of them.

"What that fuck are you talking about," I said as I tried to push past them. Our shoulders collided but they shoved back, not letting me through.

"We are his wives. You aren't. You didn't even want to be one but look where you are now," Sherry said as she pushed me back. I stumbled back a bit but held my ground.

"Look I really don't give a shit. I just need to take a piss," I groaned as I pushed past them successfully.

"Why do you even like him? He treated you like shit. He locked you up in the cell, beat on you and gave you a concussion. Hell he called you Mute because you wouldn't talk," Tina started. I whipped my head around, prepared for a fight.

"Shut the fuck up." I told her while shooting daggers at both of them. I opened the bathroom door and walked inside.

"Oh is someone getting defensive over their new crush?" They said as they sauntered up to the doorway. "Well believe it or not honey, he'll still fuck us when we ask for it."

"No he wouldn't," I said to them as I began to shut the door. My expression hardened as Sherry shoved her foot in the way, causing the door to bounce back.

"Why do you think he kept kissing me? He liked it. And he wanted more. He wanted what you won't give," Sherry smiled sardonically. That struck a string in my heart. My emotions were changing, causing angry tears to start brimming my eyes.

"Shut up!" I growled at them but they kept going. I felt my teeth grit as I pushed on the door.

"Who knows what happened when you fell asleep. Maybe he came and got some work done with us," Tina added. With a swift shove, Tina and Sherry busted the door wide open. They grabbed my shoulders as I tried to fight back, tears streaming down my face.

"Stop! Get off of me!" I squirmed, smashing my body into theirs. I pushed away and kicked but they didn't budge. But it all stopped when I heard his voice.

"Lily you're okay," he said with a scratchy tone. My eyes flew open to find a worried Negan above me. He let go of my shoulders and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest. "What happened," he asked as I wiped my tears.

"Bad dream," I finally stammered out. I held onto him as I stopped the tears from falling. Once I finally had my breath back, I pulled away. Negan held one of my hands and wiped the tears of my cheeks with his thumb.

After holding me for a moment he looked me on the eyes. "You said 'he wouldn't do that', was that about me?"

Before answering I thought about it. Would he get angry if I told him the the truth. That I saw him as a cheater.

I nodded my head slowly, the tears still falling into my lap and onto the sheets. Negan placed a hand on the back of my head, pulling me in once more to plant a kiss in my forehead.

"I don't know what your dream was about, except that it upset you. And I'm guessing whatever I did was what triggered it. And no matter what it was, I will never do that. I would never hurt you," he told me. I looked up at him to find genuine eyes that showed no false hope.

{ i just want to thank you guys sooooo much for all the comments and votes that I've been getting recently. It really makes me happy to know that you all are enjoying this story! }