chapter 16

{The song is IDFC (acoustic version) by blackbear. This is my favorite song at the moment so I wanted to add it in. Also, this chapter is gonna be in 3rd person cause I just wanted to try something different. Enjoy :) }

Lily sat and waited for Negan for almost an hour. She glanced around the room a couple times and observed her surroundings. She was quite taken back by what she discovered. Negan was a lot cooler than she had thought. Or at least from what she could tell by what he had in his room.

Although his room was dull in color, he had a whole wall dedicated to means of entertainment. There were two bookshelf's and one was filled to the brim with books. From where she was sitting she couldn't read all of the titles but the few that she could read informed her that he had good taste.

The other was filled with what looked like music. It ranged from records to CDs. And there were also a few titles that stood out to her. One of which was the Eagles. That was her fathers favorite band so just reading the name brought back a wave of nostalgia.

But that wasn't even the best thing. Sitting in the corner of the room was an acoustic guitar. Seeing it brought a smile to her face because of the memories she had attached to guitars. For her 15th birthday she got an acoustic guitar. Even though she had no clue how to play it, she was determined to learn.

With the extra money she had she bought books and taught herself songs. It took a few months filled with frustration and silently cussing to herself. But she finally got it down to the point where she could play a few chords and conjure up a song.

Lily debated on getting the guitar for quite a while. She wondered how Negan would react if he walked in while she was playing it. 'What if it was as prized at Lucille?' She thought to herself. But that thought was quickly wiped away when she realized that nothing could compare to Lucille with Negan.

After a few more moments of hesitation and mentally saying 'fuck it', Lily took the tray of now cold food off her lap and she walked over to the guitar. She slowly picked it up off of the stand and slipped on the leather strap. She carefully strummed the guitar to find that it was perfectly in tune. The melodic sound sent a chill down her body.

But, this made her a little more nervous because this meant that Negan had tuned it recently. Lily pushed the thought away as she sat down and played a chord. Eventually she began a song and she started singing along to it softly.

Lily stopped mid strum when she heard the door knob to the room click. She gulped as Negan walked into the room, his eyes already on her. He glanced down at the guitar and then back up to her. Oddly, his eyes expressed pure joy.

"Can you play?" He asked in an excited manner. Lily's eyebrows furrowed at his reaction. He wasn't mad, he was happy

"Uh, yeah a little," Lily admitted. She immediately regretted it because she knew that she would have to play for him now.

And just as she had thought, Negan quickly walked over and sat next to her. "Play something for me," he said with a grin. He scooted closer to her, making their thighs touch. This made Lily's heart begin to race but she had to ignore it.

"I'm not really that good," she lied. Or at least she lied to herself.

"Nah, I heard you while I was in the hall. You know what you're doing." Negan snaked his arm around her shoulder and continued, "please, for me?"

Lily's face began to flush and she chuckled. She wondered why he was being so sweet to her all of the sudden. And she didn't want it to stop. "Okay fine, only if you don't judge me," she smiled. She pondered for a moment and picked a song from her memory. "Now there's a few cuss words in this but I think you can handle it," she admitted. This gained a chuckle from Negan that wasn't mischievous. It was a kind hearted one that made Lily melt... slightly.

"Tell me pretty lies, look me in the face
Tell me that you love me even if it's fake
Cause I don't fucking care at all," Lily began to sing. She glanced up at Negan to find that he was smiling down at her. He nodded, telling her that she was doing good.

"And you've been out all night
I don't know where you've been
You're slurring all your words, not making any sense
But I don't fucking care, at all

Cause I have hella feelings for you
I act like I don't fucking care
Like they ain't even there

Cause I have hella feelings for you
I act like I don't fucking care
Cause I'm so fucking scared

I'm only a fool for you
And maybe you're too good for me
I'm only a fool for you
But I don't fucking care
I don't fucking care
I don't fucking care..." she sang as her emotions began to pour out. Negan felt the sudden emotions and was hypnotized by the brutality of the words. He watched as she strummed with her eyes closed, and the low rays of the sun landing on her face. She looked angelic.

Would you tell me pretty lies, look me in my face
Tell me that you love me even though it's fucking fake
I don't fucking care at all

And you've been out all night
I don't know where you've been
You're probably getting fucked, you're probably giving head
And I don't fucking care at all," Negan snorted at the sudden change of lyrics. Lily let out a giggle but continued on.

Cause I have hella feelings for you

I'm only a fool for you
And maybe you're too good for me
I'm only a fool for you
But I don't fucking care
I don't fucking care

I'm only a fool for you
But I don't fucking care at all"

"Damn Lily. That was magnificent," Negan tells her. Negan pulls the tray towards him. He goes to eat some of the food but stops himself. "You know, none of my wives have any talent other than knowing what to do in bed. I've always thought that it was very attractive when a girl knew how to play some sort of instrument. But a guitar, now that's fucking hot," he chuckled.

Lily bowed her head, hopefully hiding her blush. She was flattered that Negan basically just called her "hot". She thought he was the one that was attractive not her.

"Ah shit this food's cold," Negan mumbled but it caught Lily's attention. She began to worry since it was her responsibility to get him food, let alone it be warm. "Well we can just get some more. Come on," he sighed as he held out a hand for her. She hesitated but decided to accept his gesture.

As they left the room together, Lily began thinking about the song she sang to him. It never really had a connection to her before, until now. If she was being honest with herself, she had hella feelings for Negan. But she was too fucking scared to admit it.