Chapter 22

During the ride back to the sanctuary, everyone stayed silent. We were all crammed into a van that was filled with other supplies. Dwight was driving, and Negan sat in the passenger side, leaving me stuck in the middle. Everytime Dwight had to shift gears his hand would bump into my knee. When we hit a bump, I would fall into Negan's shoulder leaving him smirking.

At least I wasn't in Bo's situation. She was forced into the back of the van that was cluttered. Every turn we took we could hear muffled crashes coming from the back.

"Dwight, are you with Negan?" Someone called over the radio. Dwight picked it up from the dashboard, but Negan snatched it out of his hand.

"What is it?" Negan asked, obviously still irritated from the past events.

"Uh sir," the person began, not expecting Negan to be answering him. "There's a situation and you need to get back to the sanctuary immediately."

"Well are you gonna tell me what the fuck is going on or are you just gonna leave me hanging?" Negan said with a huff. He ran his hand down his face in distress.

"It's best that I wait until you get here sir," the man replied in a nervous tone.

"Fine," Negan said in a growl. He pitched the radio back onto the dashboard and turned to Dwight. Without any words Dwight sped up, leaving Bo thumping around in the back.

When we got back to the sanctuary everyone was distraught. People were crying, yelling, fighting, and just staring into space. And this was just in the courtyard. Who knows what was holding inside the building.

As Negan pulled Bo out of the back of the truck, people started coming up to him.

"How could you let this happen?"
"Fuck you Negan!"
"My son! You let this happen to him!"

All the screams were all blaming Negan, even though he didn't know what happened. Negan pushed his way through the mob and I followed close behind. Dwight took Bo in a different direction, making sure she didn't get away.

We finally made our way to the steps and headed into the building. The room was filled, but no one was communicating. It was silent. People sat at tables next to each other, but they weren't speaking. They were all quite frankly, speechless.

Negan found Mark, a savior, standing in the cat walk, observing everyone below him. "Mark," Negan called. It took a second for him to tear his eyes off on the floor. He looked up at Negan with devastation in his eyes. Negan grabbed his shoulder to make sure that he had his full attention. "What happened?"

Mark glanced down at his shoes and then back up at Negan. I had never seen a savior act this way. Especially with their leader standing right in front of him. Mark took in a deep breath and it came out shaky.

"They attacked an outpost. They killed them all... in their sleep."

Negan took his hand off of Marks shoulder and covered his mouth. He wasn't expecting such news. "Which out post?" He asked as he turned back to look at me. I displayed worry in my eyes. I didn't know what this meant, except that a lot of people must have died.

"The southern outpost. The one that my brother was stationed at," Mark announce but trailed off at the end.

Now Negan was the speechless one. He ran a hand through his hair as he leaned against the railing. I noticed how his knuckles turned white from the grip. "I-I'm sorry." He said to Mark. Mark looked surprised at first since Negan never showed sympathy to his men, but he realized that this time was an exception.

"Mark, I need you to get everyone into the courtyard for an announcement." Without another word, Mark headed down into the cafeteria and starting moving people outside. Negan glanced over at me with no emotion in his eyes.

I cautiously stepped up to the railing, and looked up at him. I wanted to ask so many questions, but I didn't want to ask any of them. This was an emotional moment, and I didn't want to make things worse. I felt bad, but I didn't really know the consequences of what had happened.

Negan saw my concern and decided to explain. "There's a group that keeps killing our people. And that is not o-fucking-kay. That outpost was filled with trainees. Sons. Daughters. Younger brothers and sisters. All gone. They would've been able to fight them off and survive if these assholes weren't such fucking cowards to kill them in their sleep. Do you understand how fucking low that is? A surprise attack is one thing but while they are all asleep. These people are fucked up."

Negan's anger had started to influence me on the situation. These people really are some cowardly assholes. Negan may be heartless but he's not a monster. He wouldn't kill people in their sleep, without giving them a fair fight.

"And that's not the first thing they've done to my men," Negan continued. "Timmy and his group of assholes were killed with a bazooka. A goddamn bazooka Lily. Now I've gotta admit it's pretty badass but a little ridiculous to my standards. And they destroyed 6 bikes and tons of other supplies that my men had. That shit doesn't fly."

I didn't know why to say. Hearing him say my name in disbelief made my heart sink. These people were hurting him, his community and I hated it.

"Come on. Let's do this announcement so people will chill the fuck out," he said as he grabbed my hand from the railing.

{oooo it's getting serious. I don't really remember the sequence of the events for Ricks group killing the saviors so if it's wrong I'm sorry. Also this book is going to be a lot longer than I thought it was going to be. I was thinking about making a separate book but I'm not sure what I would name it for the story line I would have. But rest assured, this book is gonna get intense.

Side note; did anyone else see the video of Jeffrey with his baby donkey? That was honestly the cutest thing ever lol

Please comment and vote so I know how I'm doing. I really appreciate it!}