Chapter 21

I sat up in a jolt of panic. The sound of a gun shot made my heart race. "Lily, hey it's okay. You just fell asleep," Negan said. His arm was wrapped around my shoulders. Glancing down I realized that his leather jacket was in my lap. I turned back and gave him a confused look. He smiled as he sat up as well. "We were both resting while the herd passed. You fell asleep so I figured I'd give you my jacket as a blanket since you huddled up to my side like you were cold. That's the reason why, right?"  He announced with a smirk.

I let out a chuckle and shook my head. "If thinking that helps you sleep at night, sure," I respond. "What was that gunshot?"

"It's Dwighty Boy," Negan said with a confident expression. "I finally was able to radio him to let him know where we were. He's just killing off some of those assholes so we can get out of here."

I let out a sigh of relief and laid back down. Negan leaned back as well, but propped himself up on one elbow. He glanced down at me and smiled. "Whatcha smiling about?" I asked as I looked up at him. I put a hand behind my head and waited for his answer.

Negan took my free hand into his. He rubbed his thumb over my knuckles as he came up with an answer.

"This is gonna sound really cliche but it's true," he admitted with a chuckle that could melt your heart. "It's been such a long time that I've been able to just relax with someone. Even before the apocalypse I didn't really have a chance. Normally I'm too busy to hang out with the guys. Most women are too intimidated by me, and my wives only think I wanna get it on. Which I'm fine with but sometimes I just was to have a normal conversation with someone. But today I finally got some time to do so and I'm so thankful it was with you. Even though you did sleep half the time but it's okay. I got to admire your cute face."

I felt the blush rise to my cheeks as I smiled. It was a true smile that was backed with happiness. "Well isn't that romantic," I said with a giggle. Negan let go of my hand and started to play with my hair. I'd normally shy away when someone touched my hair, but I've some how grown to trust this man.

Negan moved his hand from my hair to my cheek. "I know right," he said with a smirk. I glanced down at his lips that were curled up on one side. "Do these luscious lips entice you my dear?" He asked as he slowly leaned in.

I let out a laugh and slightly pushed him away. "You totally just ruined the moment," I laughed.

Negan leaned back a little and let a goofy grin form in his face. "Was the 'luscious lips' too much?" By trying to hold in my laugh I let out a slight snort. My eyes widened in embarrassment as Negan chuckled. "Damn that was hot," he said. He suddenly leaned in and gave me a peck on the lips. "Alright we gotta go," he said as he stood up. He held out his hand and I took it in a daze. Even just a peck left me breathless. And it seemed like it was nothing to him.

"Damn, do I leave you that starstruck?" He asked with a smirk. I couldn't form words so I nodded my head. "Oh Tiger, you haven't seen nothing," he said. His hazel eyes grew to a dark chocolate shade. He moved his hands to my waist as I looked up at him. My arms automatically wrapped around his back as he leaned in once more.

Behind Negan the door busted open. We both turned around to find a girl at the door. It was Bo.

"Oh no," she said as she began to lower her gun. She took a step back and dated out of the door.

"Hey! You aren't supposed to be out here!" Negan yelled as he chased behind her. I almost ran after him until I remembered that we had stuff with us. I turned back and slipped on Negan's jacket. It felt weird wearing one of his most prized possessions. But it didn't compare to wielding Lucille, who was now in my hands.

I suddenly heard a slam in the lower level if the house. "God dammit! Get back here you little shit!" I ran over to the window to see Negan chasing after Rue as she darted in zig zags. I had to contain my laughter as I slung the back pack over my shoulder. I ran down the stairs and to find Dwight standing in the doorway, watching Negan as well. He was shaking his head in disappointment. I couldn't tell if it was because of Bo's stupid actions or if it was disbelief that Negan was having such a hard time catching her.

It's pretty amusing seeing your fearless, cocky leader be dragged around by a teenager that could run faster than him. Bo was in a mere jog as Negan sprinted behind her. You'd think that his long legs would help but agility was a deciding factor here.

I silently cheered as Bo began to climb a tree, but suddenly we heard a crack. She tried to jump to a different branch but it was too late. The branch fell from beneath of her and she fell to the ground. Luckily it wasn't a large fall, only a couple feet. Unfortunately for her, she landed right a Negan's feet.

He took one heavy booted foot and put pressure on her chest, making her stuck to the ground. "Are you all gonna fucking help me out or no?" Negan yelled at us with the last bit of breath he had. We made our way over and Dwight grabbed Bo. Meanwhile Negan grabbed on to me for stability as he caught he tried to breathe normal again. "No one speaks of this shit."

{ so this is another chapter where Negan's hard shell comes off and you see who he really is. But don't worry, asshole Negan will be back next chapter ;) }