chapter 8

I took Mute up to the storage room where we kept most if the inventory. I told her that she could pick out 3 shirts, 3 underwear and 2 pairs of jeans. I generally wouldn't let newbies pick out that many clothes but the clothes she had on now were actual shit. They were torn to shreds and covered in mud.

She quickly went over and picked up the clothes, but only sorting them out by size. That stood out. Most women would've looked at the pattern first before the size. She wanted effective over looks.

Once she found the first items of clothing in her size she looked back over to me, wondering what our next move was.

Before moving on, I took time to note that she was quite swift and took the first thing that she saw that worked. Those are some valuable survival and scavenging strategies. She definitely knew what she was doing out there. Once again, showing off the effectiveness.

We wandered over to a different section in the inventory room, that held personal items of everyone in the community. These are all items that they either brought in and couldn't fit into their rooms or they just simply didn't want anymore. I pulled out a bin that had Mute's personal belongings in it. I took out the bag and held it behind my back as I turned around to face her. "I've got a surprise for you," I say in a joking manner, with a smirk tagging along.

Mute tilted her head to the side in confusion as her green eyes scanned my arms. I pulled the bag around and her facial expressions immediately revealed happiness. She didn't hesitate to take the bag into her hands. She opened it up and was seemingly looking for a certain item. There wasn't much in it, except for a picture which was what she was looking for. When she pulled it out, she grinned with content. Just seeing her happy made me feel warm inside.

Damn, this girl has started to really get to me.

As curiosity got the best of me, I walked around behind her and looked at the photo too. It was an older picture of her with a baby in her arms. The baby was young, maybe not even a-year-old yet. She had on an adorable pink outfit. Mute was showing off her perfect teeth with a genuine smile. She looked quite young though, maybe even still a teenager. There was no way that the kid was hers.

Before I could stop myself, I spoke out. "Is she yours?" I clenched my jaw shut, immediately regretting the question. But, I still craned my neck to see her response and her smile was gone. Sorrow had filled her eyes as she slowly nodded. Once again, before I could stop myself I wrapped my arms around her from the side. Only this time did she sigh and pull herself away from the awkward hug.

"It's okay. I didn't want it to happen but it did," she spoke in a firm voice. She turned on her heel while putting the picture back into her bag. "Thank you," she said as she looked up at me. Her expression was powerful yet sincere. And it was awfully attractive.

I grinned, knowing that I was slowly succeeding in gaining her trust. I wrap my arm around her shoulders and we began towards her new room. We silently walked down the corridor together. It was odd. I was used to people cowering away from me, being scared to say a single word to me. But it was different with her. Although she didn't say much, it wasn't because she was scared. It was her being reserved and thoughtful.

"And here we are," I announced as I unlocked the door. I let her go in first, allowing her to get situated. "You will be expected to be in the cafeteria tomorrow morning to start your job. Since you don't have enough points to buy yourself a clock yet, just be sure to be there as soon as you wake up. If you don't attend, there will definitely be consequences." She nodded, signaling that she was following along.

Attend..? Wasn't there something that I needed to attend tonight? Oh yeah. I nice little chit chat about the bazooka assholes.

"There is also a meeting tonight that I need you to come to. It'll be in the cafeteria... but I will come get you since I can't trust anyone else," I announced. I wasn't lying. I didn't trust anyone enough to make sure she got down there on time. And besides, I'd like to see the cutie again. She nodded once more and began to put her clothes on the shelf in her room. "Well I'll leave you to it," I said, breaking the silence.

As I started towards the door, Mute stopped me. "Negan," she began. The sound of her saying my name made me smile and my heart race. I felt like a damn teenager, getting a crush.

I turned around on my heel to address her. "Yes?" I said with the smile still on my face.

"My name's Lily. Tiger Lily." She looked up at me and we held eye contact for a moment, as if I was going to react in a certain way. I was honestly fucking dumbfounded that she just told me her name, but I couldn't show that.

"Now that name is a lot better than Mute," I chuckled, making her grin. "I'll see you in a while, Lily." And on that, I turned and opened the door. Before shutting it I glanced at her one more time to find that she was smiling fully to herself.

Lily. Tiger Lily. Now that's fucking hot.

{So here's a decent chapter that has A LOT of important details. I hope it turned out all right!
Also... oVER 200 READS?! You guys are crazy!! Thank you so much!
And as always, feedback is always greatly appreciated:) }