Chapter 28

Negan's POV

"Lily, I don't think you grabbed enough posters," I laughed as I watched her carry the rolled pictures into the sanctuary. She struggled to carry them in her small arms, the glossy texture making them slip out of her grasp.

"Well it's not easy to obtain pictures anymore, especially of flowers," she explained. I followed her through the halls and up to my room. Once we were inside she dropped the posters and let them unravel onto the floor. "So you know how this place is pretty dull?" She questioned with a smirk.

"I guess it's a little drab you can say." I shrugged as I sat down onto one of the couches. I looked up at Lily to signal her to keep going.

"Well I figured I could hang these up around the sanctuary. Make it feel a little more homey and alive," she grinned in hopes of gaining my permission.

"Well what's stopping ya?" I responded with a smile. Her grin widened into a smile that lit up the room. Damn her smile is beautiful.

"Thank you, I'm gonna go hang them up right now," she said as she gathered them. I stood from my seat and helped her pick up the posters.

"Don't thank me, thank you. I've always wanted to make this place less dreary but no one knew how to do that until you came along," I told her. It was true. I've always thought this place was kinda sad but I never tried to make it brighter. Neither did anyone else.

"Do you wanna help?" She asked. I could tell by her tone that she wanted me to go with her but I couldn't.

"I'm sorry, flower. I've got work to do. If I didn't I would be more than happy to help you." Her face fell a bit but she carried on. She started for the door, lazily holding the posters, she reached for the door knob. I stopped her by grasping her empty hand. I spun her around, allowing me to give her a quick kiss. "I just wanna let you know I'm so fucking glad I spent the day with you."

Her cheeks glowed a light pink color. "Love you too," she giggled as she turned back and left.

Immediately after she left I felt lonely and cold. I was so used to having her by my side that it was weird being in my own space. But I've got work to do and I can't be with her constantly.

I headed over to my desk and read over the papers that Simon had left for me. Everything seemed to be in check. The Kingdom was still giving their respected amounts of produce. The hilltop was still supplying with supplies. Everyone was obeying except for the Alexandrians.

We hadn't set our rules onto them yet and they were already causing trouble. They kept killing more and more of my people and they had been seen working with the Hilltop and Kingdom. Something had to be done.

I picked up the radio that was by my side and called up Simon. He responded instantly, showing that he wasn't busy. "Get everyone down to the cafe, we've got a dilemma that needs to be dealt with." With that I turned off the radio and grabbed the essentials; the paperwork and Lucille.

I headed down to the cafeteria and found all of my saviors together at one table. Once I reached them I dropped the stack of papers onto the table, creating a loud smack. Some of them jumped, others hardened their expressions.

"The Alexandrians. They've been causing a hell of a lot of trouble. And we've gotta fucking stop them." I glanced around at different members, making sure that they were all paying attention. "Does anyone know what Dwight's been up to?" I ask, remembering that I told him to keep an eye on the pricks.

"He killed one of them," Arat blurted out. "We were tracking them and they stopped by the railroad tracks. We already had one of there people, cowardly-ass Eugene. They started arguing and Dwight thought it would be a good time to take out that Daryl guy. I tried to stop him, but he didn't listen. We were just gonna ambush them but he decided otherwise. When he went to go shoot with that stupid damn crossbow he missed and killed their doctor. This started a huge commotion. Of course Dwight had to be a dick and show off. We got distracted and they started shooting. The Eugene guy bit Dwight's dick to get away," she said with a straight face. But I couldn't help it.

"You're telling me Dwight got his dick bit off by a human and not a walker?! Fucking classic!" I howled with laughter along with a couple other saviors that let out a few chuckles. It wasn't often that I let down my act around my men, but this one was too good. Once I regained my composure, I put on my hard-ass expression and told her to continue.

"Well sir, they all got away."

My mood made a full 180 swing. I was now furious. "So you're telling me you had them. One literally had Dwight by the dick, and you lost them?!" I was growing impatient with this band of dimwits. Sure they can all kickass but they're not the brightest sometimes.

"Yes sir," Arat said as she glanced down at the table, ashamed. "But we know that they will be traveling to the Hilltop tomorrow," she stated while glancing up at me with precaution.

My eyebrows raised and my expression softened a bit. "Look at this! Finally! Took you assholes long enough to get to the point." I ran a hand through my soft dark hair, realizing that there was a way to get the Alexandrians.

"Tomorrow. We rise and shine as early as possible. We block every single route that leads to the Hilltop. They'll begin to realize that they're fucked and they've messed with the wrong people. They'll become paranoid but have to abandon their vehicles and go a different route. We will corral them into an area that we will have blocked off. Then we put on a show and make them understand just how much they fucked up. Easy peasy lemon squeezey." I reclined in my chair and held my hands behind my head. With a set plan, all seemed good in the world. That is until I've gotta kill one of the assholes.