chapter 7

Negans POV

This girl is so fucking confusing. But it's sexy as hell. She's so quiet and reserved but she's mysterious at the same time. I can tell that she's calculating and observing every single thing she can and that's interesting to me.

Not a lot of people think like that anymore and that's a total fucking let down. When girls are smart, it's a real turn on. But the way she does it, it feels completely different. It almost makes me feel proud to know her, even though I don't fucking know her at all. Shit, I don't even know her name. Besides, she has said a total of 15 words to me this whole time.

"So this is the cafeteria," I say once I realized that I made it to our destination. "This is where your job will be unless if you want to work on the fence with all of the walking corpses. Now that's a job that I would highly fucking suggest that you not do."

I casually looked back at her to find that she was taking in her surroundings. Her clover green eyes seemed to scan over every inch in the room. Once she was done she looked up at me and realized I had been staring. She quickly looked away and I felt a ping of disappointment.

I generally like girls that have confidence and are ready to kill a motherfucker if needed, but she was different. This girl didn't show that side but I know she has it in her. That's what it takes to survive in this world.

And besides, how else would she have lived on her own out there with those corpses? Hiding in the trees and bushes all the damn time? No. She knew exactly what she was doing out there and how to handle herself.

That dash of darkness will come out to play one of these days.

"Over here is the garden," I say as I open the doors to the outside world. I show her the different crops that we had collected considering this will be involved with the area she will be working in. If, she doesn't become a wife. I figured that since she had those goddamn piercing green eyes, she should have some what of a green thumb.

All was good until I got down to the rules. "If you steal any food for your own, your head will go on the chopping block." I looked down at her once more and saw the shock in her eyes. God dammit Negan! Good fucking job in scaring the newbie into thinking she won't even be allowed to touch the food.

In an attempt to lighten the mood I tried to joke around. "But you wouldn't even try that, right?" I leaned forward a bit and and my lips curl up a bit. With her eyebrows raised, she looked up at me and nodded. Well at least she wasn't terrified. Just... worried.

"Negan!" I spin around to find Dwight pacing towards me. I grasp onto Mutes arm to make it seem like I had total control of my situation. She tried to pull away so I quickly glanced over. "Give me a fucking second," I growled.

I looked back up and Dwight was right in front of us. "What Dwighty boy?" I questioned in the most irritated tone I could come up with. I really didn't want to deal with his shit.

He stood there with anger in his eyes as he told me, "They killed more of them." I immediately clenched my jaw to stop myself from going batshit crazy in front of Mute. If I wanted to have a chance to get into her pants, I'd have to hold myself back for now.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down but it didn't work. "How the fuck did they do that?" I yelled at Dwight. I felt my arms tense up, only then did I realize that I had been strangling Mute's arm. I released my grip and she pulled it back to her side, not looking up at me. Dammit Negan, you're doing a horrible job.

I glanced back over to Dwight to see him bowing his head in fear. He shifted feet, regaining his confidence and told me the funniest thing I've heard in years. "With a bazooka."

I turned my back to Dwight and stifled my laughter. A fucking bazooka? How in the hell did they manage to get that? I ran my hand down my beard to regain my focus on the situation that had just been laid out in front of me.

"Dwight, tell everyone in the compound to congregate in the cafeteria after dinner. If I hear that one single person didn't know, you'll be fucked."

"Yes sir," he said before he hurried into the building. Once he's in the building I turn to Mute once more. She was holding her wrist, inspecting it to see if there were any bruises. Instantly I feel a punch of guilt in my stomach.

"I'm sorry about that, I really am," I admit to her. She looks up from her wrist and gives me a confused look, as if she didn't believe me. "I don't lie Mute. I just don't know my own strength sometimes," I said while holding back a smirk.

"It's okay," she said in a full but shy voice. I was surprised that I got her to respond. Maybe if I open up more I'll get her to speak up.

"Well," I started as I hung an arm over her shoulders. "Let's go get your new room set up." I noticed her hesitation before leaning into me. She's slowly starting to open up.

{sorry this is a really shitty update. I've been super busy lately but thank you guys for the amount of reads this already has! 130 reads and it's only on chapter 7! That's crazy! Thank you all so much. And as always feedback is always appreciated}