chapter 12

My survival skills immediately kicked in. I scanned the ground for any sort of weapon. That's when I stumbled upon a rake and a shovel by the garden. I quickly picked them up and headed towards the dead.

"Hey," I called out. Negan turned towards me just in time to catch the rake I threw in his direction. He caught it in mid air and smiled. "Let's fucking do this."

We split up so we could get rid of them faster. I took the one on the left and Negan too the one on the right. I watched as it limped towards me, showing that it had a very weak leg. I swiftly knocked out its bad knee, causing it to topple to the ground. Without hesitation I smashed the shovel through its skull with a low grunt.

I looked over to Negan to find that he was watching me. He looked astonished at how I was holding my own. "Are you gonna fucking help me or not?" I yelled.

"I guess I could. Although, it looks like you've got it Tiger." he shrugged. He swung down his dead one and headed towards me.

That's when I turned back to find that the last dead one was practically on top of me. I pushed it away with the shovel with another battle cry. It stumbled back a bit but began to fall forward form its lost balance. I held my shovel out to keep it from falling directly on top of me. I was struggling to keep the Dead one up from such an odd angle and I felt my arms start to shake under its weight. "Negan! Please!" I cried as I was slowly losing strength.

Negan raced over and took a full swing at the walker like a professional baseball player. The force knocked it straight to the ground with a fatal amount of damage to the head. Negan turned back to me and grabbed my arms, making sure I wasn't bit. As he scanned my skin I couldn't help but admire his touch. The feeling of his hands wrapped around my arms felt different. His warmth felt safe.

"Are you okay?" He asked with pure worry in his hazel eyes.

"Y-Yeah... Thanks," I stammered out while looking up at him. My heart raced not only from adrenaline but from this feeling I was developing.

God dammit Lily get it together.

I moved my hands up to his shoulders, "We need to find out where they got in." I waited for Negan to respond but he seemed distracted by my hands on his shoulders. I watched his eyes as they slowly moved down from my eyes to my lips. He watched as I quickly pushed them into a thin line from being too self conscious.

I spun Negan around and slightly pushed him in the direction of where the walkers came from. I watched as he shook his head and let out a low mumble. I pondered for a moment but decided it was nothing.

We cautiously made our way to the gate watching for more of the dead ones. Eventually we found that the doors were slightly open. Either someone got in or someone got out.

"How the fuck," Negan mumbled as he used all of his weight to close the heavy metal doors. I observed how his back and shoulder muscles tensed up as he pulled the door. And damn was is hot.

"Stay close to me," he said as he started to scale up the lookout post. I kept only inches away from him like he had ordered. I was watching behind us to make sure no one would ambush.

Once we reached the top of the post, Negan told me to stay low but alert. And once again I followed his orders, knowing that he was trying to keep me from getting killed.

I crouched down against a wall and scanned the courtyard of the sanctuary. I didn't see any more of the walking dead which was a good sign. Nor did I see anyone in the other outposts, which was very odd.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Negan yelled, making me jump and quickly defend myself. He stomped around the corner with anger in his eyes. "These stupid fucking dick suckers need to learn to stay in their motherfucking shitty posts." He growled as he walked past me.

I sat startled for a moment as I pondered on what just happened. He's pissed off... and it turned me on. What the fuck has gotten into me?!

"Lily! Come on!" Negan yelled at the bottom of the stairs. I quickly jumped up and followed his lead, and pulled myself together. Once I reached the bottom Negan put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me with a more calm but serious expression. "Did you see anyone in that other post?" He asked.

I promptly shook my head. This just infuriated him more, causing him to take away his hand from my shoulder and run it through his hair. He leaned back a bit and took in a couple deep breathes. This terrified me because I was prepared for a cussing filled scream fest.

"Hey boss!" Somone yelled cheerfully from the sanctuary. Negan and I both spun around to see who had the worst timing in the world. And it was indeed Fat Joey. He is most certainly and utterly fucked.

"Where the fuck were you," Negan barked at him. Joey stopped in his tracks, only now realizing that Negan wasn't happy.

"I-I was inside using the bathroom sir," he said as he dropped to one knee on the ground. He bowed his head as if he knew that we was going to be punished. "I-I'm sorry s-"

"Save it," Negan said, cutting him off. We slowly made our way over to Joey and I could see his uncomfortable shifting under the stress. "Who was supposed to be in the other post?" Negan said sternly.

"Mark, sir."

Negan stopped mad scratched his salt and pepper beard with a slightly devilish smile. The gears in his mind had already started spinning and producing answers to this situation. "Would you happen to know where that shit head is?" Negan was toying with him now.

"Uh, no sir. I told him I was leaving for a moment and he said that he would keep a look out. I don't know where he is sir." Joey dared to look up and found a smirk on Negans face.

"Joey, go back to your post. Someone will come get you later. We are having another emergency meeting with the saviors only this time," Negan turned to me with the smirk on him still," you will be joining me. I need a witness."

{hello! Sorry this update is so late. It's been hectic lately and I've been very busy. I hope this chapter is okay because it wasn't written in one sitting. I also tried to make this a tad big longer because that was a request. (Most of my chapters that I've ever written were about 700 words but this one is around 1100)

ALSO: IM CHANGING THE DEAD ONES TO CRAWLERS. I'm doing this because I find it painful to use "dead ones" a lot. And our character Lily hasn't met Ricks group so she wouldn't know the term "Walkers".

Thank you to the 800 people that have read the book so far! I appreciate it! Also leave some comments and votes to let me know how I'm doing. Thanks! :) }