Chapter 25

Negan's POV

I fucked up. I had her, and now she's gone. I never should've opened that damn door. I should've just told her to go away, but I didn't.

I walked over to the table that held our food. Anger suddenly swept over me as I grabbed a glass and flung it into the floor. The glass shattered on the floor as I let out a yell.

I stepped back and took a deep breath, my hand running down my face and letting it linger as I thought. I was doing so good. I've been showing her who I can be. I let her know that I wanted to protect her, but I still fucked up.

I walked over to the laundry bin and pulled out my boring ass white shirt I had on earlier. As I put my left arm through I blood stained my shirt. I looked down and found that a piece of glass had knicked me. "Of fucking course," I mumbled to my self as I wrapped it up in napkins.

I grabbed my leather jacket and  Lucille before walking out of the door. I walked down the halls and stopped in at the laundry room. That's when I realized that Bo, my personal cleaning aid, wasn't in there. She was the only person I trusted with cleaning my room. She was one of the first survivors I found after shit hit the fan. This time there was only some other boy that I never learned the name of.

"I need a broom," I told him in my usual irritated tone.

"I can clean it up for you sir," he said. He handed me the broom and gave me a look of hope. But that shit wasn't gonna fly.

"Not tonight kiss ass," I said as I walked out of the room. I headed back up to mine and swept up the shattered glass. After dumping it into the trash can I headed back down to the laundry room, luckily finding if empty. Atleast someone could do something right.

I glanced down at my arm and found that the blood was seeping through the napkins. I chuckled to my self after thinking about what I would have to tell Carson. A stupid fucking glass gave me this wound. None of that cool shit like a stab wound or even a broken window. No. A fucking drinking glass.

I walked down to Dr.Carsons room and walked straight in. "Carson, I need you to patch up my arm," I said as I sat down in a chair. He jumped out of his office chair and came over to me. As he took off my makeshift bandages he questioned me. "What is this cut from?" He asked, worry building up in his eyes.

"I got pissed off and broke a glass," I told him. He let out a sigh in relief but something else came to his attention.

"Negan, you can't keep stressing yourself out like this. I know there's a lot going on right now but you need to take some time off," he told me. This just pissed me off even more.

"Do you think I want to deal with all of this shit right now? My people are fucking dying and you want me to sit back and watch?" He asked him as I ran my tongue on my teeth.

"That's not what I am implying. Have Simon take over for a day and just take a moment to breath. You really need it."

I sat back in my chair and ran my hand through my hair. Maybe I should take some time off. But that thought was cut off by the feeling of a needle going into my skin. "What the shit Carson?"

"Sorry, it's kinda deep so I'm going to stitch it up just in cause," I let out a huff and let him do his thing.

Still feeling pissed off I headed down to the fence where we kept the walkers. I walked down the line, and watch as they all reached out for me, but they were tied to the fence. 

After making sure they were all up to par I walked away without killing the helpless walkers, and headed back up to my room. Only this time I took the long way. I ignored the people the bowed down as I walked by. I didn't care about them.

As I made it to the floor with everyone's rooms I began walking down the hall. I mindlessly wandered until I stopped in front  of the door. Her door. The only person I cared about anymore. My Tiger.

But I didn't take action. I didn't knock just to see her beautiful green eyes. I didn't walk in just so I could carry her back to my room. I left her alone, giving her space. I'd see her in the morning anyways.

Lily's POV

The sound of shattering glass and a yell jolted me awake. I had started dozing off somehow after angrily pacing in my room. I had exhausted myself out on thinking about the current events.

Suddenly a door slammed and heavy footsteps stomped down the hall, surely waking everyone else up. The footsteps came back again, making me realize who it was. Negan. His heavy boots clomped down the hallway for a third time, causing my imagination to create and image of his signature swagger. Possibly Lucille hanging off of his shoulder.

Minutes went by before I heard his boots again. They grew louder and closer, until they stopped in front of my door. I watched as his shadow swayed back and forth from underneath the door.

I slowly got up and crept to the door, in hopes that he would knock. Or maybe he would just walk in and give me a hug. I waited, watching the light beneath the door until I heard a heavy sigh.
A sigh that sent shivers down my spine.

But he did what I didn't want him to. He walked away.

I fucked up. He didn't want Sherry to come in. He was irritated by her presence. And he said he was sorry immediately after. He tried to make up for it, but I wanted nothing if it.

I grabbed the hem of my shirt and balled it up in frustration. And pulled up my pants, only making the urge worse once I realized that he gave me his clothes to sleep in.

I burst out of the door, making it slam shut behind me. "Negan," I called as I ran around the corner. I stopped and found him about to walk into his room. His eyes lit up as his connected with mine. In an instant we were heading towards each other. We collided with our arms spread wide, mine wrapping around his shoulders and he lifted me up.

"I'm sorry," we said in unison. I pulled my head back to find him smiling. A genuine happy smile. "Great minds think alike," I said as I smiled back at him. He chuckled and carried me back to his room. I wrapped my legs around his waist and held onto his broad shoulders.

"I've got my Tiger back," he said as he planted a kiss on my cheek.

{heyo I tried to make it show how they both felt about the situation. I'm not sure if it worked or not but come on, it's hella cute right?}