Chapter 19

Negan, still hand in hand, lead me over to the group that we would be working with today. I recognized a few faces that only left scowls once they saw our conjoined hands. But, they quickly dropped their expressions once Negan noticed.

His eyebrows furrowed in annoyance before he began speaking. His was was already in a serious tone that could make anyone tremble. "If any of you have a problem with Lily being here, let me know now. No one? That's what I fucking thought. She knows exactly what she's doing and she can get shit done. So, take that as a warning not to piss her off because you'll have to deal with the both of us." He took his free hand and gestured to Lucille who was hanging off his waist. He looked at the group, glancing at all of their faces, making sure they got the memo. Once he was content with their gestures his scowl turned into a more gentle tone.

"We are looking for anything that we can find. Fill up your bags and we will meet back here. And don't fucking forget," he added sternly. And at that everyone broke up and headed off into different directions.

Only now did I notice that we were in a neighborhood. All of the houses looked familiar. That's when I realized that I've been here before. I was here with one of my groups. We lived in a house, where we waited our a herd. We could've made it if we didn't leave too early. There were only a few extras that we could've taken down but when you panic, you freeze. And in this world you can't freeze.

Breaking out of my trance, I began to look ahead to see where Negan was taking me. It was a light cream colored house that had a large tree in the front yard. Before the apocalypse, it was probably well taken care of, but now it was worn down. But, it was still a cute house.

"This house is kinda cute," Negan admitted as we walked up the steps, leading to the front porch. My eyes widened, surprised that we were thinking the same thing. And the fact that he just called a building cute, which if I do say so myself, was adorable. Negan glanced down at me, noticing my reaction. "You thought that too? I guess great minds think alike," he said with a wink and a grin that made my stomach flip and my face flush.

Once we were inside we scoped out for any walkers, and luckily there was none. I followed Negan into the kitchen, watching his broad shoulders sway back and forth as he walked.

Lily. Get it together.

We began rummaging through the cupboards for anything. Cans, water, even utensils that we could use.

As I finished looking through a cupboard I took as step back, colliding with Negan's hard chest. His hands came down to my waist, stopping me from moving back any further. "Oh, sorry," I said awkwardly as I turned around to face him. I slowly looked up, our noses only inches away. My eyes flickered over his facial features, admiring how handsome he was. Chiseled jaw that was covered in a salt and pepper scruff, gorgeous hazel eyes that you couldn't help but admire.

My breath got caught in my throat as I felt his hand slowly move from my waist to my chin. He pulled me even closer now, to the point of feeling his breath against my skin.

"It's all good," he murmured as he glanced down at my lips. His hand slowly moved up from my chin to my cheek. He rubbed his thumb over my cheek bone and I melted into his embrace. He began to lean in first, and I met him halfway.

Our lips brushed as I hesitated. My brain was screaming at me to back away but, my heart sang out in joy. And the heart wants what it wants.

My lips pressed against his, my hand flying up from my side to his hair, instantly tangling it in his soft locks. He swiftly lifted me up and set my on the counter top, not breaking the kiss.

Negan stood between my legs as he  ran a hand up my shirt. The sudden action made me gasp, giving him the opportunity to push his tongue into my mouth. I gave him dominance as I wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to close the gap between us.

It had been so long since I had any human interaction, let alone an intimate one. I wanted it to last forever but of course it couldn't. I snapped out of my desperate trance when I heard someone call for Negan.

"Negan, boss. There's a huge herd coming we go-" the man stopped when he walked into the kitchen, finding us flustered. Our lips were swollen and Negan was smoothing his hair back out. I hid behind my long hair, containing my slight amusement at the situation.

"I fucking got it," he told the man, his voice rough and louder than usual. The man awkwardly backed out of the room, leaving us alone again. Negan turned to me, helping me off the counter. He looked down at me and ran his tongue over his teeth before he smirked. I remember the first time I saw him do that. I was still in the cells. Wow we've come a long way.

"God damn, you are a tiger." He turned away from me, grabbing the bag and heading out of the house. I followed behind, trying to keep up the pace with my shaky legs.

I was in a daze. I just kissed Negan. So many questions filled my head. Are we together now? Does he like me how I like him? ...Am I going to be one of his wive's?

That's the question that felt like a punch to the gut. I didn't want to be one of his wives. I didn't want to become some toy that he could fuck around with every once in a while. I wanted to be with him. His one and only. Even if he was a little off sometimes, I had had fallen in love with this man far too soon. And I needed to find a way out.

{oooooooo it finally happened! Sorry it took so long for them to get going. So, is Lily gonna keep going and try to get with Negan or is she gonna back down and coward away?

Also I was thinking about maybe making another story but it would be JDM. Or should I make a short story and start making imagines? Let me know what you think I should do! }