chapter 9

Lily's POV

Ever since Negan left I couldn't stop thinking about him. I needed to stop but I just couldn't. He was so nice towards me today. Sure he was an ass to Dwight but that's understandable. He's gotta show power towards his men.

But when he smiled at me, it made me feel so happy. My stomach tied in knots and the butterflies started. I felt like a teen with a crush again. But it also made me feel courageous.

I didn't even mean to tell him my name but it just came out. I was going to ask him what the meeting was about, but that's not what happened. I guess my subconscious said fuck it and it came out.

Plus, after he asked about my past, I trusted him. Although I didn't reply anything back about it, he didn't accuse me of the picture. Most people would have degraded me for that, but he didn't. He accepted that I didn't want to talk about it, which was a rarity among people that have seen that picture. Most people would've prodded and badgered me, searching for answers about my past. But, I'm not proud of it so I never like to talk about it.

That's when I heard a knock on my door, breaking me away from my thoughts. "Hey Lily," he said behind the door. Hearing him say my name gave me butterflies. Jesus what's gotten into me?!

"Come in," I reply back in a slight yell. Negan opens the door and pokes his head through before stepping in fully. Once he came in he revealed that he had his leather jacket and scarf in hand, along with Lucille. That left him only wearing a white T-shirt and that showcased his arm muscles. If only it was a little tighter on his chest...

"So this meeting is about," Negan started and then paused. I looked up from his chest to give him a puzzled look. He chuckled and gave me a smirk, "Having fun checking me out?"

My face immediately went red and and my eyes widened. I quickly turned around to act like I was looking for something. Anything. Please. Just to maybe make him forget what just happened. Or even me.

I picked up my old shirt to put it in the corner of the room. I went to turn around but I felt Negan's presence behind me.

"I see that you changed into your new clothes. Do they fit well?" He asked as he took the shirt out of my hand. As he did so our hands made contact, instantly sending chills up my arm. Jesus Lily get it together.

"The pants are a little big but it's okay," I said as I turned around, looking down at my clothing. It was just a plain red t-shirt and blue jeans.

"Well they look good on you," he said with a genuine smile. He threw my old shirt into a laundry basket, making it straight in. He then looked back to his full hands. "Can you hold Lucille for a second?" He asked as he held the bat out to me. I hesitated for a moment, knowing that she was his prized possession.

I carefully took ahold of her and realized that she was quite heavier than I thought. I guess a little bit of  barbed wire adds up.

"Shit, you don't even have a mirror in here. Does this look right?" He wondered while spinning in a circle, pointing towards the red scarf that was just wrapped around his neck.

I just simply nodded, stifling a giggle because of him spinning around like a little kid. Negan continued to get dressed and went to go put on his leather jacket. As he turned around to put it on I noticed his back muscles that perpetuated through the shirt. I really need to stop checking him out.

Once he clad in his signature leather jacket we left my room and headed towards the cafeteria. "So this meeting is gonna be about your arrival. I'm going to tell everyone your purpose here and not to fuck with you because I promise they will," Negan explained. I almost let out a chuckle until I saw that he was serious.

"Not everyone here is respectful you know. Some of them are fucking assholes and pervs. They do anything to satisfy their dick honestly. So just be fucking careful, okay?" He looked down at me with care in his eyes. I nodded followed by a slight smile.

Once we arrived at the cafeteria I noticed that we were on a walkway that was above the cafeteria. The room was still filling up as more and more people filed in. Negan gave me one more glance and then we were off towards the crowd. I followed close behind Negan until he stopped halfway on a staircase. As soon as one person saw Negan, everyone in the room began to kneel. It felt odd looking down at all of them.

Negan leaned over to me and whispered, "You ready for this?"

{IM SO SORRY THIS UPDATE IS LIKE A WEEK LATE!! I dropped my phone out of a window so I lost everything. And I couldn't write anything else until I got a new one. I hope this chapter wasn't too bad. I just wanted to start developing a little bit of a relationship.

And as always,  feedback is always appreciated. Thanks :) }