chapter 6

"I'm back Mute! And that's fucking right, I gave you a name since I'm done trying to get it out of you," Negan said as he walked in to the room. I sat up from my laying position and braced myself for the torture he was going to put me through. He hadn't done much yet but that doesn't mean that he won't do anything still.

I gazed over his normal uniform but something was different. His hair was slicked back and he had Lucille by his side, so what was it.

"Damn not even a hello," he said with a low chuckle, pulling me out of my thoughts. "You know I find it very fucking disrespectful that you won't say a word to me but you'll have a full conversation with one of my girls." His tone was slowly becoming more menacing. "I know you can't stay mute for long, because where the fuck will that get you in this place? No fucking where." I lowered my glare and thought about what he said. I guess he was right. Being the normal quiet person I am isn't going to do much anymore. Especially in this situation. I needed to be brave and stand up for myself in this place. I just... didn't really know how. He wasn't wrong about the mute thing either, because I basically am. I don't say much even if I'm all fine and dandy. That was just me.

But he could've used a better word than mute. That just pissed me off.

"So Mute, my girl Tina said that you didn't want to be one if my wives. Now why the fuck is that? Am I too intimidating for you," he questioned with a sly smirk as he moved closer to my cell. He squatted down and kept eye contact with me as he sat down on the floor, so we were face to face.

"They have it good you know. They have their own room, the freshest food, and they get treated like royalty by everyone... including me," he said with a wink. I could feel my cheeks slowly heat up as I looked away. "I think their job, if you want to call it that, is the best one in this whole damn place. They don't have to worry about anything or anyone else except themselves. But they have to keep me on their mind if you know what I mean."

I looked up at him once again and saw a flash of lust in his eyes. His once hazel irises had grown dark with the intent to lure me in. But, I didn't budge, sure it turned me on the way that he expressed their job but I didn't want any of it.

Negan broke our eye contact this time by looking away and running his tongue across his teeth. Now that was hot. Something in me felt a low burn of desire. He knows what he's doing, and oh is he doing it well.

Wait, what's gotten into me!? This man had several wives and I'm sure that's not the worst thing he's done. But I still felt this hidden feeling of trust and comfort when I was around him. I had only been around him twice and I could already tell there was a difference.

"But, if you don't want to be my wife, I am fine with that. I will be kinda disappointed cause you are kinda cute. But, I will accept it. I do not force anyone to do anything without a purpose. Now that's something that you better fucking trust about me."

I leaned forward and let my head rest on the bars in front of me. I twisted my head around to where I could still look at Negan, only much closer. "Why am I torturing myself?" My subconscious screamed.

He just called me cute. Do you know how long it's been since a human has appreciated me? But wait, if he didn't force anyone to do anything, then why am I stuck in this cell? Why is he going to force me to live here?

"I know what your thinking..." Negan starts as he finally looks away from me. He looks down at the dark gray floor as he pondered on his words. His demeanor went from cocky to guilty in a split second. He knew exactly what I was thinking. "I never told you that you had to stay here. I just kept you in here to give you time to heal. We are called the Saviors for a reason."

I was blown away. Did he really just...? Be kind and truthful to me all at the same time!? And he didn't cuss. Wow. What's gotten into him.

"But please give this place a fucking chance," he says as I stifle a chuckle. I guess I spoke too soon with the cussing thing. "Maybe you don't want to be my wife and I'm okay with that. It's an absolute let down but, I'm okay with it. Besides, I feel like you could be an incredible fucking asset to this place. So will you stay?" He looked up at me with actual care in his eyes. God damn this man knows how to charm someone.

I weighed my options and came up with an answer. I could either go back out there and be all alone again and definitely risk my life every second... or I could stay here with guaranteed food and shelter with people. Sure they may be assholes but at least I can connect with them.

With still some doubt in my mind I spoke up with confidence for the first time to Negan, "I'll stay."

With that response Negan gave a genuine smile and jumped up to unlock my cell. "Well come on Mute, you've got a whole new fucking world in front of you."

{sorry this was a super late update. And it's a shit update too. I had to help some friends move into their house so I didn't have much time or energy to write another chapter. But here ya go! So what do you guys think? Do you think that our gorl has made the right choice by staying with Negan? Or do you think she'd be better off alone and surviving on her own? Lemme know in the comments what your opinions are or even a vote to let me know im doing the right thing because I always enjoy feedback. Thanks!}