chapter 2

"Dwight, hurry the fuck up!" The leader yelled at us from over his shoulder. We were moving slower than a snail and it was all because of my injuries. I had fallen out of a tree the night before and had broken or fractured my leg in several places. I didn't notice it at first because the sound attracted some of the dead. Because of this my adrenaline was through the roof and I started to run. I know this didn't help heal my injuries but I couldn't just lie and wait for them to eat me alive.

"Negan, she's hurt. She can't exactly walk fast," Dwight said in a rude manner. But, his facial expressions showcased fear, meaning that he had just messed up.

The man now named Negan swiftly turned on his heel, facing us. "Do not speak to me in that fucking tone!" Negan yelled in a stern voice. "You know how it is Dwight, don't piss me off," he announced in a calmer tone. He took his gloved hand, that wasn't holding the slugger, and ran it down his face, ending with scratching his beard. He was clearly stressed out over something.

Negan sighed and started walking towards us. He stopped and loomed in front of me and Dwight. He then turned his head in my direction and leaned forward a bit to lower himself to my level. He was quite tall, over 6 (1.8 meters) feet from what I could tell. I was 5'6 (1.7 meters) which was taller than most girls but no where near his height.

"You don't have any weapons on you, correct?" He gave me a serious look but it didn't hide the tiredness in his eyes. Whatever happened before they found me must've been pretty rough.

I kept my mouth sealed, knowing that nothing would come out. I was parched, not having water for atleast a day. Also I still didn't trust this man fully, so I didn't want to let my guard down my speaking too much. Negan raised his eyebrow, and I quickly responded with a shake of my head, admitting I had no weapons on me.

"Dwight, take her bag," he commanded. I ripped my arm away from Dwight and put a scowl on my face, putting up my guard. Before I knew it Negan was behind me, pulling it off of my shoulders. The sudden pull from him made me lose my balance. I fell to the ground and hit my head on a tree that just so happened to be directly behind me. Great, another injury. I tried to sit up but everything became fuzzy.

"Agh fuck me!" Negan yelled. I couldn't see except for large blurs. But I could still hear well enough to be alert about my situation. "Dwight take her fucking backpack. I'll just fucking carry her cause if I don't we won't be back until fucking dawn."

Suddenly large arms wrapped under my waist and legs. Negan lifted me up and held me close to his chest. Being defeated, I tilted my head onto his leather jacket that was cool to the touch. He had a firm chest that held his heartbeat. The thumps were quiet but they were there. It was something that I hadn't heard from anyone else in a long time. I guess it was a humanly thing, which was a rarity nowadays.

I began to look around and realized how that my vision was gradually coming back. I decided to look up at him as he walked along. Hell, I had nothing else to do.

His gray scruff accented his jawline, which was already sharp enough to slice your finger if you touched it. His eyes looked to be hazel, but it was too dark to be sure. His black hair was slicked back with what looked like a hair product. This guy has access to hair products.

Just then Negan looked down at me, showing off a sly smirk once he realized that I had been checking him out. I quickly looked away, feeling my face admitting more heat than usual.

I glanced ahead of us and realized that we were now at a large building with gates surrounding it. It looked like an abandoned factory of some sort. Once we reached the fence we walked around the perimeter, giving me time to observe and take note of my new surroundings.

The large, 10 foot fences had 2 rows of barbed wire on top, ensuring that no one would risk climbing over it. There was another chain link fence on the interior that was closer to the building. As we continued walking I saw that they had walking dead chained up between the fences. My mind instantly came to the conclusion of the dead creating a façade for other dead ones. They would cover up the smell and most of the sounds. Clever.

I looked back up at Negan who was surprisingly already looking at me. Except this time he was the one that tore apart the eye contact. I kept looking shamelessly and realized that he must've been somewhat behind the dead being a cover up. He was wise and I admired that.

"Fat Joey! Open the gates!" He yelled suddenly. His voice startled me a bit, causing me to jolt in his arms. Negan glanced down once again and let out a chuckle. "Welcome to the Sanctuary." He announced to me.

{Hello! Just a little note: when I say the "walking dead" or "dead ones" I'm talking about the walkers. I can't exactly use the term "walkers" because our character here hasn't come up with that or met Ricks group. Or has she ;)
Also updates are going to be more often at the moment because I want to give this story a kick start. Unfortunately I will be busy this up coming week so updates wont be as common as these first few. I'll still make 2-3 updates per week as i had promised before. Feedback is still appreciated, thank you 😊}