25. THE PRESIDENT'S SON

NEWS:

Daily News:
"Former President Michael John Bustamante, is at the Inauguration of his son, President Julio Miguel Bustamante. The former president who came with his wife, former First Lady Margaux Bustamante was all smiles and who is still sharp and remembers all the names of the people who served with him who are also invited guests of his son. At 85, President Mike is still as handsome as before. The First lady when asked about her son, she was quick to say that she and her husband are lucky to have children who are good people and they are so proud of all four children......"
Bullet Daylies

"......President Julio Miguel Bustamante who was accompanied by his whole family, his wife former Miss Universe now reigning Mrs Universe, First Lady Krista Cruz- Bustamante who held the Bible, their sons Orion, Cosmos and Solar and their youngest daughter Astra. His parents, former President Michael John Bustamante and Former First Lady Margaux Bustamante were present too. His siblings, twin brother Lt. Col Juan Bustamante, Doctor Julian Bustamante and Atty Marga Bustamante were with their families at the Malacanyang palace. The young president would be the second youngest President in the history of our country, the first was his father President Michael John Bustamante who was 41 years old at the time he was inaugurated into office....."

ORION

At last I am now back in my room after the inauguration of Dad. I still need to review for the Medical Board Exam. I have not been paying attention to it since Mom asked me to take charge of my siblings. Today is my 24th birthday, I guess my parents have forgotten about it. I really do not mind since I am not interested in celebrating it. Cosmos is is 20 and is on his last year of studying architecture. Solar is 17 and he is a Freshman at the Major Seminary. He wants to become a priest. Our youngest Astra is just four years old. You must have noticed that our names are all celestial. It's not our real names though. Mom being the Miss Universe then, before she got pregnant of me, was the reason why all of us are named as such. My real name is Michael Joseph Cruz- Bustamante, Cosmos is Michael Jonathan, Solar is Michael Joachim and Astra is Michelle Kristina Josephine.

I don't know how Dad joined politics. All I remember was he was ambushed and the Army discharged him. He was on his wheelchair for all the years that I could remember. Then one day when I got home from the US one summer vacation, he was already walking around the house. My Dad never gave up on his feet when all the doctors that he went to said he could no longer walk.

My mom took care of him and us. Just like Granny when Gramps was assassinated. Good thing he survived that assassination. Now life is different all of a sudden. Last Month I was just at the mall alone drinking Crème Brule, now I could not even go out without a security detail following me. I hate all these things about Dad's work. I do not like being followed. I do not like being told what I should do. Dad and Mom want us to place our best foot forward but sometimes, it gets into my nerve.

Where's my phone? I needed to go to the library in school to borrow some books. You see I finish college in the US but I took Medicine here. I am not the type who have friends in school. The only friends that I have are Walter, Jake and Jared. They have been my friends since we were in first year med proper. I am what you call smart guy who gets in trouble a lot. I have had my share of troubles. I have been picked up by police because I got into a traffic altercation with another motorist. There was a bar mauling because I started it. And a lot more that even my grandfather wanted me imprisoned. The only problem is, I am smart one. I ace my classes. I am always on top of my class and I also top the most wanted college kid in the police list. Don't get me wrong, I have never done drugs nor do I drink excessively, I don't even smoke. I am an Olympian swimmer but I always get in trouble.

As I got down from my room, I noticed that a security detail immediately followed me. I looked at her questioningly. She just followed me, She looks young. Even younger than my age. She's tall, about 5'8" and sexy. I looked at her again and she just looked at me.

"Do you have a problem?"

"Oh I don't Sir."

"Then why are you following me?"

"I am your new security detail Sir. I am 2nd Lt Corpuz"

"You?"

"Yes Sir, do we have a problem with that/"

"Yes. How old are you?"

"I am 21 sir."

"So how do you think will you be able to secure me in case a six foot guy attacks me?"

"You are 6'4" sir, so I believe you would now what to do."

"What?"

"Sir, I was tasked to baby sit you. So if you have problem with that I guess you have to go talk to the captain who made me your security detail Sir."

"By security do you mean you should go wherever I go?"

"Yes Sir."

"Even the locker room?"

"Yes sir. But I believe you no longer go in the locker room now sir. "

Smart girl. But why the hell is she taking care of me when I can take care of myself? well, can I really? I looked at her and aside from her sexy body, she is also beautiful. She has no make up on and she is wearing the uniform for the female presidential security group. I turned to her and told her that she can not go with me unless she change her uniform to something. She said that she will have to ask the "Boss" first if she is allowed not to wear her uniform. But she said that for now I have to deal with it cause she is coming with me wearing what she is already wearing. Oh damn! Why on Earth was I given this kind of treatment?

"Who is the detail of Cosmos?"

"Santiago Sir."

"And Solar?"

"Hernandez, Sir."

"What? All boys and I get the girl?"

She just looked at me. If looks could kill I might be dead by now. I can not think of any reason why the hell am I getting a girl for a security detail. I have to talk to Dad about this.

END

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you all for the support that you have given me and this story. I hope you support the story of the other twin too. Yuan Bustamante.....and maybe when I will have the time, I will write about Orion and his beautiful security detail. Thank you so much guys. I love you all and God bless you.