1. STRANDED

MIGGY
JFK Airport, New York

I am waiting for my flight to Lake Tahoe to meet my family for the annual Christmas family vacation. This time, POTUS (President Of The United Staes) and his family is hosting this event. As part of the "gratefulness of my country and my family to the US, instead of me going home for the holidays, I am staying in the United States to be with my family. This is my second Christmas in the US since I became a cadet at the United States Military Academy. I was the only one sent by my country to study here. I was a plebe at the Philippine Military Academy when I took the exam. Being away from home  for four years has made me look forward to every holiday and opportunity to go back home. But times like this is one is not one of them. Of course I miss Mom and Dad and my siblings especially Yuan. We chat but I still miss him. This has been the longest separation we have ever had. Anyways, I have seven days to spend with them before they all go back home. My Dad will go home first because he has a country to run. Yuan is now an Air Force second lieutenant. He graduated ahead of me even if we started in PMA together.

While I was sitiing in the farthest corner of the passengers' lounge at the airport, some tourists approached me, Pilipino tourists (Pilipino- national/citizen of the Philippines, Filipino- National Language of the Philippines- Author) and asked me if they could have their pictures taken with me. I wanted to decline but then they started calling me "PResidential SOn" "Son  of President Bustamante, I did not want to attract attention so I just let them take pictures of me and with me. I told them they could take pictures as long as they keep quiet cause I don't want to attract attention and I am trying to keep my identity. Thankfully they did what I asked them to do. When they left, they shook my hand and the older ladies, hugged me. They told me to take care and say thank you to my dad, for whatever they are thanking him for is beside me. When they left I sat down again and stretched my legs in front of me and I closed my eyes. It was rather very hectic  in the Academy last week and we have had sleepless nights preparing for  the holidays. I thought of Jennifer, the girl I like back home. How is she doing now> I told her that I will be home for Christmas and she said she will wait. She is an older sister of my classmate in PMA. We have been chatting for the past months. And we were planning of meeting up and going to Palawan for my vacation. But I guess it will be put on hold.

"So you are famous, huh?"

"Whoa?"

I felt someone sat beside me. I opened my eyes and saw the most beautiful brown eyes staring at me. I stared back at her blankly. For the four years I have spent in  in USMA, I have mastered the art of staring blankly at people and make them squirm, but this girl practically stared back at me. Damn she's good.

"Excuse me?"

"Well I have been sitting here alone when you came in and sat there. And there have been a total of 15 people who stopped here and took your picture. They acted as if they totally adore the floor you were walked on. They do not speak English and you have a USMA bag there, so I was thinking why isa USMA cadet famous?

"No, I am not famous"

Just as I said those words, three Pilipinas approached me and asked if they could have a picture with Yuan. I said I am not Yuan, so they immediately know it was Miggy. I wanted to shoo them away but then I remembered Dad and Mom, they would not like their children to act crassly. I looked at Miss Brown who was smiling triumphantly at me. Damn, she's sexy.

When they were gone, she said

"You're famous"

"I'm not"

"Then what do you call that?"

she pointed to the three girls who were still giggling

"That's nothing really."

"Where are you crom?"

"West Point"

"Hahaha funny. That's not what I meant, what country?"

"Does it matter?"

"Well, if you don't want to answer that then it's okay."

Then the PA system crackled from somewhere announcing that 3 flights have been delayed. There were grunts and complaints from the passengers who are all waiting to go home for the holidays.

I looked at her and she was busy tapping on her phone. So I closed my eyes to shut everything out. She looks young, eighteen or nineteen. She's about 5'8" tall. I am 6'2" just good enough. Good enough? You like her Genius.

I could smell her scent, mint and vanilla? No, it's Vanilla and Lilac.

"You know you could stop pretending that you're asleep"

"How do you I was not sleeping?" I opend one eye

"You're smiling"

Am I? I just hope she didn't see the lust in the smile. Hahahaha naughty Miggy got busted.

" i was thinking of the holiday feast at home that my brother and I won't be having this year. "

"Why?"

"My family is invited to spend the holidays in Lake Tahoe. Well it's a working holiday for our Dad."

"That bad huh?"

"Hmmm."

I closed my eyes again. And I felt so tired. I was at the metro station so early this morning and there were an almost collision of the trains due to wrong paths or something. Then this delay. There were so many activities at USMA until last night. Being the highest ranking Cadet of the Corps,I had to make sure everything is done before I left, me and my deputy.

I peeked at Miss at her, she's well dressed. She was wearing a gray business jacket and skirt, white shirt and a shiny gold Guess sneakers.

The skirt is short and she spent quite a bit of time pulling it down her thigh everytime she moved. She also seemed very conscious of her very tight white shirt. I was thinking why wear something like that when you don't feel comfortable wearing it? Her legs were stunning, long, toned and slim and her breasts, damn Miggy you pervert, of all things you zeroed on her breasts. Well she wouldn't know I was looking. They are not scadalously big, but it's big for her body frame. Her face is beautiful, her eyes are gorgeous brown ones, and her lips are so full and her hair long light brown. PERFECT!

But I need to shut everything out I couldn't help myself staring and I know that might creep her. I closed my eyes and pretended that couldn't stop my self from dozing. I pulled my stuff nearer to me and rested my feet on them just making sure that no one will pick it up by mistake. Before I close my eyes, I saw her pulling her duffel bag and rested her head on the handle of her suitcase where a sash or a ribbon is hanging. Miss Nevada. A Beuty Queen.

Thais Oliviera as Krista Cruz