9. RENO, NEVADA

MIGGY

On our stop over we went to the airport cafe. She had hot chocolate milk I had black coffee. We talked about the weather, our dogs, my family, her pageants. We never talked about what happened to us nor did we talk about the future together. There was none. I tried to ask her for her number but I bit my tongue off. I did not want her to be mad at me. I wanted her to enjoy the time spent together. I wanted to record all these in my memory box. Krista, I will never forget you. Maybe I should tell her that? She lets me kiss her everytime I try to. Is she just letting me or does she likes it too?

I hold her hands and sometimes hug her to my side and she wraps her arms around my waist. We never took pictures together. No memories to hold, juts the ones in my heart. Why does it hurt to think that we can not see each other anymore?

Now that we're in Reno, everything is slipping away. My chances of asking her out.

"So here we are, finally."

She said as we roll out of the airport. I saw my Yuan with a PSG and maybe a secret service too. He was looking at me questiongly looking at the stunning beauty beside me. He looked at our entwined hands. I ignored him. I turned to Krista. She looked sad too.

"Yes, we're here. Uhm, "
I turned to the crowd forming around us, her crowd smiling at their queen.

"Thank you Krista. Thank you for a wonderful time."

"Hmmm yeah. Thank you too Miggy for making me enjoy Christmas away from home."

"It's my pleasure actually. I will never forget this Christmas.....I will never forget you."

"Nor will I, Miggy"

I hugged her and she hugged me back. I felt her laboured breath and she stiffened in my arms. Does she regret having met me? I raised her chin with my forefinger and smiled into her eyes. I kissed her passionately. Then it was over. I had to let her go. Damn airports! Damn people! Damn goodbyes!

I watched her retreating back with all the people around her, fans, families, assistants. She never turned to look back at me. She was gone before I ever had the chance to call her name.

"Who the hell was that, twin brother?"

"That's Krista, Miss Nevada."

"You're dating a beauty queen?"

I looked at my brother and did not say anything. He smiled and hugged me.

"I missed you bro. Let's go, Mom is eager to see you now."

"Mom!"

KRISTA

If not for the people who came to the airport to pick me up, I would have bawled my eyes out. I was supposed to go through the VIP lounge but I told them that I need to bring my friend out. They just gave the flowers to my assistant who was waiting for me at the arrivals already.

When he kissed me, I wanted to beg him to come with me at the house and meet my parents. I wanted to clung to him and never let go. But I was too damn proud to do that. What is this I'm feeling? Do I love him? Love is a very serious matter. Oh my God! I do love him. I did not look back cause I know that if I did I might have gone back to him. When I finally I turned to look at him, I saw him laughing with a guy who looks exactly like him. Maybe his twin brother. What's his name again? Yuan.

They do look alike. Even the light brown color of their hair. I could not see clearly from afar. But my heart skips a beat every time I look at Miggy.

MIGGY! I will definitely not forget you.