19. PRESIDENT MIKE

MIGGY

It's Sunday and since Yuan and I are in Manila we are required to have lunch at our grandparents' house

It's Sunday and since Yuan and I are in Manila we are required to have lunch at our grandparents' house. The house where my Dad grew up. On Sunday evenings we eat at the house where my Mom grew up. It's always like that. My Dad has to follow the rules he started or else Mom will not let him off the hook. Sometimes he can not be there especially when he is abroad on State visits. Right now since we are complete, we might as well do it. Yuan picked me up at my quarters (We both sleep in our camps refusing to sleep in Malakanyang.

When we arrived at my grandpa's house (Dad is their only child), my Mom fussed about us always. She said that we look thinner than the last time she saw us which incidentally was just two days ago. Our security are not allowed inside the house where we would be in. Like if we're in the lounging room, they should be in the kitchen, outside the house, upstairs but never where we are because my Dad wants to spend Sundays only for family, family secrets included.

While we were eating, my dad told us that Janelle Maxwell, the daughter of the US president has broken her engagement with her classmate. Her father is relieved that they have broken up. I glanced at Yuan and he was smiling. I guess he already knew about it even before Dad told us. I looked at Mommy and Daddy and I wonder how they have made it and stayed so much in love even after these years.

"Do you know that Miss Universe is dethroned?" my Mom announced.

"What's the reason?" Dad asked

"I heard she's pregnant."

Yuan looked at me and silently tells me to tell them. I looked away. He kicked me under the table but Dad chose that time to stretch his long legs (I'm 6'2", Yuan is 6'1" and Dad is 6'4")

"Ouch, You kicked me Yuan?"

"Uhhm Dad, I was supposed to kick Miggy."

"Why were you kicking each other under the table?"

"Miggy has a problem and I told him to tell you but he is just too hard headed not to acknowledge it."

They all looked at me including my grandparents who are seated at the opposite side of the table. My younger siblings are also gawking at me and Mom, oh damn, Mom looks like she's ready to come and cradle me in her arms. I could kill Yuan for not being subtle.

"What is it Miggy? Is it about work?"

"Uhm Dad, it's nothing."

"Come on asshole tell them."

"Juan Miguel that is not how you are supposed to talk to your brother."

"Mom, if he tells you about his problem you will probably call him that too or worse. Sorry Mom."

"Okay Julio Miguel, what is your problem?"

Silence. Of course I will not tell them about it. I will just kill my brother after lunch or I could kill him now. How does this small steak knife slice through a human skin> As sharp too? Oh my lord, this dumb guy who poses as my twin just drop me in front of my family.

"He thinks Miss Universe's baby is his."

"WHAAT?"

Damn you Yuan!

How did that happen?"

"Are you together?"

Are you and MIss Universe even friends?"

"Are you two dating?"

"Why did you not use protection?

"Weren't you supposed to wear condoms?"

"Honey, the children are litening. You are not supposed to tell your friends about it, Your Kuya has to protect the baby too, okay?"

"Okay Mom.:

Everyone seemed excited and worried about it. Everyone was giving their unsolicited advice when Dad talked.

"You should talk to her. Do you know where she is now?"

"No Dad I have no idea. I have been trying to call her even when she was still Miss Universe but I did not pass through the tight security."

"Is it yours?"

"I have no idea."

"Why?"

"If the baby is 4 months then it's mine. I have a strong feeling it's mine Dad, Mom."

"Okay you do not know where she is, hmmmmm. Okay I will do something about it, but you have to be man enough to go to where she is. I will ask your CO to let you go to her, but just this once. I will let you work hard for anything that you would ask me in the future."

"Thank you Dad."

"I am not doing this for you., I am doing this for my possible first grandson and for Miss Universe. You just ruined her life, now it's time for you to pick her up and give her what she deserves. Mommy, are you ready to be a grandmother now?"

"See Dad I told you, I am not the black sheep of the family, it's Mr Goody Two Shoes here."

"Yuan, stop calling yourself a black sheep. How many times have I told you that I did not give birth to one. You are hard headed but never a black sheep. Not even you Miggy."

"Yes Mom.