18. RESIGNED

#19 in chicklit

#19 in chicklit

Please vote, comment and share this. Thank you so much

MIGGY

It has been four months since the last time I saw her in person. She has been busy with her duties as Miss Universe as I am busy with my work as an Army Officer. I tried to call her but it was always intercepted by the people at Miss Universe or recorded messages. I have tried sending text messages but it all came un answered. I then realized that maybe she did not really want to be with me. I guess I have to move on. Tonight I am taking a lady to dinner. She's the daughter of an Army General. I was introduced to her at my father's dinner event last week. We have been texting and calling each other. Although I still hope that Krista would return my calls or even just my texts. I told myself that tonight if I did not hear from Krista, I will finally close the chapter in my life where she is.

Christina is a year older than I am. She is a Medical Student. She is beautiful too. But, okay she is not Krista. I flipped on the news when I saw her. As I started to listen to it, Yuan burst in the room telling me that Miss Universe has resigned as Miss Universe. He told me that she just stepped down from the throne because of undisclosed reason.

"But the rumor is she is pregnant."

"Pregnant? By whom?"

"I don't know."

"How far is she?"

"Two months, three months, I'm not sure. Hey, do you have anything to do with it? Are you the one who got her pregnant?"

"I have not seen her for four months now. The last time I saw her was the day before she went back to the US."

My brother stared at me for a long time. He looked at me as if he was contemplating if the one he is talking to is his brother.

"What?"

"Nothing. I was just thinking, are you really Miggy? What happened to you? I mean, my brother used to be this guy who is holier than thou. Di you have sex with Miss Universe?"

"Hey, keep it down will you."

"So, have you been sleeping with MIss Universe?"

"I... We..."

"Yes or no Miggy."

"Okay yes. "

"Are you two together?"

"Hmmm, no. We don't really talk about it. Each time we see each other we always end up having sex."

"Sex? Wait do you love her?"

"Hmmm I don't know. I like her. I want her alone. I don't wanna share her."

"Gago! You're so stupid. You don't have sex with someone you like. You don't have sex with someone you feel possessive with. You make love with them, dumb ass."