5. SILENT NIGHT

MIGGY

"We have a problem?"

"What?"

"I went out to try to ask the Carreons if I could just sleep on their couch, then I discovered that the other relatives weren't able to drive back home so they are sleeping there now. I just pretended I needed to drink water and bring you a glass of water too."

"Oh!"

"I'm sorry. Don't worry I'll just take the chair."

"The chair? You must be joking. That is too small for you. and the bed is too small for both of us. The floor is cold. Oh men!"

"Well unless...you want to bring down the mattress on the floor. I don't see any other pillow or blanket except the ones they put on the bed."

"They thought we would fit in. Maybe we should pull down the mattress on the floor."

"Yeah."

And we pulled down the mattress. And I went to take that shower. When I get back in the room, I thought Krista was already sleeping. She was not. She is wearing a long shirt that reaches down to her knees. She said all her other clothes now are soiled. She did not expect that she would be stranded. I am wearing a boxer shorts and a PMA gray shirt.

"I thought you're sleeping already. Do you want me to turn off the light?"

"Yeah it's okay. I called my parents to tell them that I am stranded and flights are cancelled until tomorrow."

"Okay. Are you sure you want to turn off the light?"

"Yes. You won't do anything to me, right?"

"Hahahaha! Right!"

I turned off the light and lay down in the floor beside her. We did not talk. I could smell her shampoo and soap. She smells good. Then I felt her turn to me. I could feel her watching me. I turned to look at her and yes she is watching me. Thank God for the city lights from outside the house.

"Miggy?"

"Yes?"

"If I Google about you , will there be results?"

"I dunno. I have not Googled myself yet. Let us see."

I took my phone and Googled me.

Julio Miguel, 21, is the oldest of the twin sons of Philippine President Mike Bustamante, the other twin is Juan Miguel Bustamante. Miggy is currently studying at the United States Military Academy.

"Is that all?"

"Yeah I guess."

"But you have so many pictures here with your brother."

"Have you Googled yourself Miss Nevada?"

"Yeah I have."

"How about Googling you this time?"

"Still the same. "

"Let's check the images."

"Hey, look, this is us at the airport. Who posted this?"

"Uh-oh!"

"Miss Nevada, Krista Cruz was seen among the stranded passengers at the JFK International Airport. With her is an unidentified man. New boyfriend? "

" Hahahaha. Who is the new boyfriend Miss Nevada? I am now the New boyfriend?"

"I never had an old one to speak of"