20. NEW YORK

KRISTA

KRISTA

I have been staying at the house of Tita Lettie for three weeks now. My belly has grown doubled. Tita Lettie accompanies me to her niece and OB Gyne. They refuse to accept payment from me. I have been trying to convince them that I needed work but they told me that I should take it easy. My pregnancy has been the biggest set back in my looking for a job. Not that I regret it but up until now I have been experiencing nuasea, morning sickness the whole day and the Doctor said I need to be resting since I have been rushed to the hospital three times for premature bleeding.

The baby is due on April. I have called my parents but I refused to tell them where I am staying. Tita Lettie and Tito Ramon have treated me like a daughter. Their sons Montie, the one who owns the room where we stayed is a nice guy. One time he even drove me to the OB when Tita Lettie had to work over time at the hospital, she's a nurse. Her husband, Tito Ramon is a lawyer. They are afluent but would rather live simply. They live at Carnegie Hill, the most expensive residential area in New York City but they are so simple. They only have 2 cars and they would rather take the cab. For the 3 weeks that I have stayed here, relatives and friends have marched in and out, they are either on vacation or just passing by. They all welcomed them. They all said that I am the daughter of a close family friend and everyone would just accept it, hook line and sinker.

Andrew their youngest son is 15 and would cook for me before when he arrives from school. I would tell him that he need not cook for me but always does. I have eaten a lot of Filipino dishes for the passed 3-4 weeks.

I was in my room when  Tita Lettie came to check me up. She said that the Philippine President and the whole first family will be in New York tomorrow. She asked me if I wanted to see Miggy, I tild her that I am not sure since I have not talked to him yet and that I need him to come to me instead of me going to him. Tita Lettie would like to say something but she saw the pain in my expression maybe, so instead she hugged me and told me to take a rest.

DECEMBER 18
New York, USA

"The President of the Philippines together with his family are in New York to attend to a very important even in their family. They did not disclose what is this all about. A reliable source said that the First Family is in the United States for the engagement of one of their twin sons. Who could it be? It was said that as a Filipino tradition, the whole family will go to the parents of the girl to ask for her hand. According to sources, this visit of the First Family is not funded by the government as the President paid for everything from air fare to hotel accommodations of his family and the security and his staff. It is said that this is the only Philippine President that has not been taking his salary from the government. Instead he donates his salary to the Dept. Of Education. President  Mike Bustamante came from a rich family and the only heir of Don Manolo Miguel Bustamante, a multi billionaire in Asia. Now, who will it be? The charming ladies' man Yuan Bustamante. or its it the silent Miggy Bustamante?"

Shown in this picture are the twin sons of President Michael Bustamante. Army Lt. Julio Miguel Bustamante (L) and  Air Force Lt. Juan Miguel Bustamante (R)

That was what was in the news

That was what was in the news. I turned the tv off and cried again. I cried hwen I saw his picture on tv. I miss him. I wanted so much to tell him about us, about the baby but I have not heard from him. He told me that he will come to the hotel before I left but he never came. I waited for his texts or calls but there never was. After I resigned from Miss Universe, he should have known about it. But I guess his silence just means he does not really care at all. I guess Krista, it is about time that you think of your self and the baby. Miggy will just be a good memory.

MIGGY

When we were already at the hotel, Dad talked to me. He told me to get ready cause we are going out. I asked if I it's alright to be excused. He said no. We will go there as one family. I wonder what could be the very important visit that we needed to be together. I asked Yuan if he knows where we're going he said he has no idea. He just told me that Mom was talking to someone on the phone and she said that we are going and she's happy to accept the lady's invitation.

I don't know what I was feeling when we were already heading to Carnegie Hill. I remember this was the place where Tita Lettie and Tito Ramon live. The place where Krista and I first kiss. Gosh! Why does it have to be here? Dad told me that they have looked everywhere but Krista sure knows how to hide.

I want to visit Tita Lettie and her family before we left for the Philippines. I looked at my phone and Googled the news about Krista.

"We're here. Mom and Dad just got off the other car."

I looked up from my phone and I noticed that we are in front of the apartment of Tita Lettie and Tito Ramon. I got off the car where Yuan and I rode. I walked to my Mom and my Dad and was about to ask them when the door opened and a beaming Tito Ramon welcomed us in his house. He should my Dad's hand and my Mom's then when I stepped forward to say hello, he hugged me

"Miggy! How are you?"

"Tito Ramon. I did not know we are coming here."
He looked at my Dad who smiled and Tito Ramon did not say anything anymore. Instead he shook the hand of Yuan, but Yuan hugged him. When we got in the house, there were no one there except their youngest son and another guy who looks like the one in the picture. Maybe their eldest. Tita Lettie came in and went straight to me and hugged me. Then she turned to my Dad and my Mom.

"Mr. President Sir, Mrs Bustamante, Ma'am, we're glad that you came."

"Thank you for inviting us Lettie." that was Dad

"Oh, I am so happy that you returned my call, sir. I did not know who else to call. I wanted to call Miggy but the number he gave me is no longer working."

"Sorry Tita, I lost my phone in the jungles of Mindanao when I went for an operation."

"You, Mister are a naughty boy."

"So Lettie, where is Krista?" That was Dad again....what? Krista is here?

"Krista is here?"

I looked at my mom and my dad and Yuan. Yuan shrugged his shoulders saying that he does not know anything, and I believe him because he's my twin. I know when he's lying. As for Moma nd Dad....So they know where she is?

"Come, Miggy. I guess you needed to talk to her first before she meets your family. She's at the guest room sleeping."