Red Roses For Another Rose

Adam's POV:

"Whoa, wait, what?!" I yelled. "Repeat that again!" Dad sighed.

"Starting today--- and I mean right now, " Dad said. "Your mother and I will be inviting princesses from different kingdoms to a royal ball that'll take place here in two months so you find someone to marry."

"But Dad---!"

"But nothing." Dad said with authority in his voice as he stood up from the chair he was sitting on. I sighed. I wanted to yell out 'I'm gay' really badly, but that meant getting my ass beat up or maybe something even worst, I don't know and I don't even want to know what could be the other worst thing.

"Dad, I don't want to marry right now!" I exclaimed. "I'm still seventeen! At least let me be twenty or twenty three and I'll marry, please."

"No Adam." Said Dad. "Your mother talked to me about the decision and I have agreed, so no excuses. You will marry as soon as possible." I screamed out of anger and stormed out of the office room. I walked upstairs to my room and slammed the doors closed, making an echo go through the castle rooms. I lie on my bed. My life was getting so fucking great!

^^^

Tommy's POV:

"Wow." I gasped as I admired the beautiful garden the Queen wanted me to take care of. She told me to take care of the delicate red, blue and black roses that grew in the garden that were near a water fountain. I couldn't believe at what was before my sight. I smiled and went over to the garden area where the roses grew. I gasped when I saw the red roses. These were the roses Dad had gotten for me in my birthday since I always wanted to see red roses. I smiled at the memory. A tear rolled down my cheek, but quickly wiped it away. I knelt in front of the flowers and put the watering can aside. Very slowly, my hand reached out for the flower. My fingertip touched the flower stem, but immediately someone got a very tight grip of my arm. I whined and looked up. A man was giving me a surprised, but angry look.

"You tried to hurt the garden!" Yelled the man.

"Sir please," I begged as tears ran down my cheeks. "L-Let go of my arm. It hurts!" He squeezed my arm harder as I cried.

"That'll teach you a lesson." He said.

"Let go of him Maxwell!" Said a voice. We looked at the garden entrance where Adam was coming over. The man let go of me and I whimpered as I rubbed my arm. The man left as I continued to rub my newly sore arm. A hand touched my arm. My gaze looked up into Adam's blue eyes that were expecting my arm. He gently squeezed my arm, making me winced. "I'm sorry." I shook my head.

"It wasn't your fault." I replied.

"Why did he hurt you?" He asked as he looked into my eyes.

"I wanted to touch that red rose." I explained and we both looked at the red roses. "But that man suddenly grabbed my arm." Adam frowned as he rubbed my arm. He looked back at my arm and so did I. He smiled as we stood up and I sat on the edge of the water fountain. Adam went over to the flowers and knelt in front of them. I couldn't see what he was doing since his body covered his actions. Slowly he stood up and faced me. A red rose was in his delicate grip. I looked at him and he walked over to me. Adam stood in front of me and handed me the rose. Very slowly I took the delicate item in my hands and my fingertips stroked its petals. Adam smiled and sat next to me.

"Do you like it?" He asked as I smelled the flower. I smiled and looked at Adam.

"I do." I said. "Its very pretty."

"I'm glad." Said Adam. "Its for you."

"Aww thank you." I cooed and he stroked my cheek. I smiled as I leaned into his touch.

"You're really adorable." He said as he pulled back. I laughed as my cheeks turned red. I looked up at him. Adam was just...perfect. Pink red lips, pale skin, blue eyes with eyeliner...he was too perfect for anyone.

"Tommy, your mom is calling you." Said Adam. I blinked.

"Oh." I said as I stood up. "See you later."

"Bye." He said and I got out of the garden.