I Need A Miracle

Tommy's POV:

"Thank you." Said the woman as she handed me thirty dollars. I smiled as I put the money in the vase and pulled out from a box ten dollars. I handed them to the woman and she left. I looked out the window and at the sun. The end of the day had come. I might as well be heading home. I pack the money, blanket and leftover bread in my bag and I left the other things (table, and chair) in a corner. With that, I started making my way to the village.

^^^

"Hey honey." Sad Mom whlI opened the door. I smiled as I closed the door.

"Hi Mom." I said as I put down my bag and went over to the fireplace. I smiled as I put my hands up. Winter was approaching fast, so Mom had gathered up as much firewood as she could. Mom came over and handed me a cup of what seemed to be hot chocolate. "Thank you."

"Welcome baby." She said and kissed the top of my head. I smiled as I drank my hot chocolate. Mom gasped. I looked at her. "What happened to your cheek?" I sighed.

"Liliana, Hayden, Jacob, Marcos and Charlie started hitting me when they saw me getting ready to sell the food." I explained. "They took the first half of the money I made."

"How much?" Asked Mom as she knelt in front of me. I put my cup of hot chocolate aside and looked down, then sighed.

"One hundred seventy dollars." I replied in a low voice. Mom stroked my cheek, making me wince a little bit.

"Oh don't worry." She said. "We can still afford some things."

"I guess." I replied.

"Don't feel so down." She replied. "I'll bring some hot water and alcohol to clean up your gash." Mom left and I looked up, looking out the window. The moon was out and so were the stars. From afar I could see the castle of the rulers of Airistidia. I smiled. For what I've known, the King, Queen and young Prince are very strict, but people say the heir to the throne is very welcoming and also very handsome. I've never seen a picture of the royal family, so I can't say if its true or not. Mom came over to me, a cloth gently soaked in hot water. She started cleaning my gash.

"Mom?" I started.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"Is it true?" I asked. "Is Prince Adam very welcoming and handsome?" Mom giggled.

"He was born with a heart of gold." Said Mom. "That's what my friend says. She says whenever she was going to be whipped by the king, the prince would not let it happen."

"Wow." I said. "He is very nice, but is he very handsome?"

"Well," Mom said as she gently cleaned the gash with alcohol. "People say the heir to the throne is very handsome. They say he has eyes that shine like blue diamonds in the night sky. His skin is as pale as the moon. His lips are a light pink that match his perfect pale skin. His hair is black like the color of black raven feathers."

"Wow." I breathed out. "I would love to meet him someday."

"Someday." Said Mom. "Someday."

"Yeah." I replied. Mom and I stood up. "Thank you Mom."

"You're welcome." She said. "I'll serve you some food." I nodded as I followed her the kitchen. Mom served me some soup. I smiled as I sat down at the table and started eating, the thought of the prince of Airistidia in my head.