Our Night

Tommy's POV:

I don't get it. Adam said he was going to meet me here today and I don't know what's the matter with him. What if it's all a joke? What if he hates me because I'm human and he's a vampire?

"Hey Tommy." Said a soft familiar voice. I looked up from my nails and a smile spread on my lips as I gazed into those beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey Adam." I said as he took a seat across from me. "I thought you dumped me and---"

"I would never do that." He interrupted. "I always keep a promise."

"Nice." I said. "So, um, want to order something?"

"Wait, you haven't eaten at all?" He asked.

"I mean that's what the shop is for." I said. "I didn't eat yet."

"Then let's go eat somewhere." Adam said as he stood up. "I'm hungry. Plus, I got money."

"I...I-I don't have money." I replied, looking down at my hands.

"That's why I'll pay." He came back with a smirk. "Come on." I sighed.

"Fine." I said as I stood up and together we left the coffee shop. 

^^^

After a few minutes of walking, laughing and talking (like friends) we reached a small house. Adam pushed the door opened. It was like a small restaurant and I smiled as the scent of the food hit me. Someone laughed next to me. I looked at my side where Adam was softly laughing. 

"You have a face as if you've never been here." He said. 

"Wait, everyone has been here?" I asked. 

"Once or twice." Said Adam with a shrug. "Why?" I looked down, playing with my fingers.

"I...I-I've never been here because...b-because I...I'm poor...and---"

"Money issues?" Adam finished and I nodded looking up at him. 

"That's the reason I don't go to school either." I mumbled. "Because I can't afford the school supplies or the school fees."

"You know how to read and write?" Adam asked as we went over to a table. I sat across from him and he sat across from me. I looked up at me and I shook my head. Adam smiled a small smile and his hands intertwined with my own. A small soft smile spread on my lips, a blush on my cheeks. "How does the idea of me teaching you how to read and write sound like to you?" I gasped. 

"For real?" I asked, my voice a whisper. 

"Of course!" Adam exclaimed. "I would love to teach you how to read and write. You deserve to have a chance to learn." I smiled, a soft laughter of joy slipping pass my lips. Adam laughed softly with me and we stood up a little. We leaned over the table to hug each other. I closed my eyes as my cheek rested on his shoulder, his hand rubbing my cold back. Someone cleared their throats. Adam and I saw a waiter looking at us. 

"Ready to---" she started when her eyes widened as Adam and I sat back down. "Prince Adam, it's you." I looked at Adam who had a small blush on his cheeks. The people in the diner turned their attention to us, gasps all around us. The people stood up and got in front of Adam. They bowed in front of him. Adam sighed. 

"People, please." Said Adam, a little bit of authority in his voice. "I'm flattered, but please, you don't have to bow in front of me." The people smiled and went back to their tables. I smiled at Adam.

"You're very nice and kind with the people." I said and Adam smiled. 

"Its nice to be Prince of Airistidia." Adam said as he looked through the menu the waiter gave us, then sighed. "But I wish people could treat me like a normal person, not like some person who's superior than others." I nodded. 

"Well, I guess you have to deal with it." I said. 

"I guess." He replied.