Try me// Chapter fourteen// How about...Ace.

"One, don't pick up the phone." I cartwheeled into the gym besides Jasmine and held up one finger at Zander. "You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone. Two, don't let him in. You have to kick him out again. Three, don't be his friend. You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning-"

"Shit I hope so." He stated and I let out a laugh.

"I keep pushin' forwards but he keeps pullin' me backwards." I sang loudly and clutched my chest dramatically and Zander spun me in a circle. "Now I'm standing back from it I finally see the pattern."

Jasmine strutted over to us, "But my love, he doesn't loves me. So I tell myself, I tell myself. I do, I do, I do."

"One. Don't pick up the phone. You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone. Two, don't let him in. You have to kick him out again. Three, don't be his friend. You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning." A group of girls sang along as they jogged past and I couldn't contain my laughter.

The coach called Jasmine and Zander over to him and I sighed but my feet were suddenly kicked out from under me and I winced, clutching my head as I got up. I glared at the three goons as a strong pair of arms pulled me to my feet. By the sudden silencing of the gym, I knew it was Ethan.

"Thanks." I muttered rubbing my head. He didn't say anything and went to walk away but I grabbed his hand stopping him, "Wait."

"What?" He sighed in annoyance.

"Can you tell Olivia I say hi?" I asked and he nodded before I released his hand and turned around only to come face to face with Daniel. I shrieked and clutched my chest. "Holy shit you scared me."

"Why does Ethan King talk to you?" He asked suspiciously. I cocked an eyebrow and he elaborated, "He doesn't talk to anyone but the three musketeers."

"Oh." I said, "I don't know."

"So he just randomly started talking to you?"

I thought for a minute, "Yea actually. It's not like we're friends or anything. He only talks to me occasionally. Why?"

"Oh. Annie wanted me to ask. She's scared of you after you beat the living shit out of her two best friends." He smirked.

My mouth gaped, "Oh my god...I need to apologize to them. I was in such a shitty mood because you were all doing drugs then I just-"

"They understand." He placed his hands on his shoulders to calm me. "I need a nickname for you." He sighed. "How about...Ace."

"Ace?" I cocked an eyebrow and he nodded. "Damn I got cupcake now ace. What weird nicknames." I mumbled and he snorted.

"See ya around, ace." He winked then jogged back over to where he and some guys were playing basketball.

"Did he just call you ace?" Jasmine cocked an eyebrow and I nodded. "You know they called your mom Ace when she was in highschool right?"

"No." I snorted, "Why?"

She shrugged and we walked over to the fitness room.