We continue to drive finishing off the last ten minutes of our trip. We park about three miles away and climb out. Shane throws me a bag and I catch it with ease. Ace climbs out after me and crosses his arms as I squat and unzip the bag. I pull out my sweatshirt jacket and slide it on. I sheaf my knives against my ankle then hand over a gun to both Ace and Shane.

"Incase something does in fact go wrong." I say and they nod. I stand back up and throw the bag back into the car.

"We ready?" I ask lifting my hood. They both nod and lift their hoods as well then we start off.

~~

"There it is." Shane says pointing to a giant seemingly abandoned building, as we squat at the edge of the woods. 

"That building?" I ask and he nods

"There's definitely a shield around it." Ace says

"How can you tell?" I ask and he points up toward the sun.

"See that shimmer right there? Follow it down with your eyes. I may not know paranormal but I know force fields, and that's definitely one." He says and I squint making it out.

"You're right."

I test to see if it's a magic depriving shield, but it's not.

"It's just a regular force field." Shane says and I nod in agreement.

"How'd it get up? They're not here yet?" I ask and he shakes his head

"It wasn't put up by them." 

"What do you mean?"

"It protects the building from the outside world. To normal people there's nothing there."

"How come Ace can see it then?" I ask and we look at Ace shocked.

"Calm down. I can't see the building, just the force field." He says

"What?" I ask

"The building ya'll are talking about, I can't see it. Your mom must've put it up. However, you and Shane have the ability to see past the field. I can see the force field cause I've been trained to pick them out. Doesn't mean I can always see what's behind them." He says and I nod

"How'd the light forces see it? They're not supernatural?"

"They must have someone on their side who is." Shane says.

"If that's true, we need to get in and out right now." I say and he nods.

"I'll keep watch, you two go in." Ace says and we nod. I look over at Shane then we stand up and run toward the building. We slip inside quickly and quietly and are suddenly surrounded in darkness.

"We have to be quiet. Only use our connection. She could be dangerous." He says in my mind.

"Got it." I respond feeling him move closer to me.

We walk in silence through the barely lit building. Goosebumps rise all over my body but I push the anxiety down. 

"You good?"

"Yeah."

We continue to walk and I spot writing and symbols on the wall. I walk over and Shane follows me.

"These are time marks."

"She's been here for a while."

I nod tracing the markings down to the symbols and words.

"Holy shit, it's my name. It's- it's our names." I say forgetting all about the being quiet aspect.

Movement sounds and I spin. Shane moves infront of me as more movement sounds from above. I take his hand and peak over his shoulder.