"Good work tonight Williams."

"Thanks chief." I mutter shoving Greg, which I found out was his name, into the car. Jackson nods then walks away over to his own car. I slam the door shut and put a magical barrier around it.

"You're good." I say hitting the side of the car. Sirens wail then they disappear from sight. I look over my shoulder and see Shane talking to the little girl and mom. I walk over and he nods at me then walks away.

"Hey, how are you two holding up?" I ask

"You saved our lives." She says completely ignoring my question.

"I was just doing my job." I mumble and she smiles.

"Give yourself credit for something more then that." She says and I smile gently.

"Thank you." I say and she nods hugging her daughter to her. I squat down to her level and she looks over at me.

"Hey pretty, what's your name?" I ask

"Josephine." She whispers and I smile gently

"That is a beautiful name." I whisper back and she smiles

"What's your name?" She asks

"My name is Neveah."

"That's a funny name."

"It is." I say and she smiles

"But it's also really pretty. It fits you." She says and I smile

"Thank you Josephine. Now, he's gone. You're safe. How about you go get some sleep and let your mommy and I talk?"

"You promise I'm safe?"

"I swear it. He will never hurt you again." I say and she nods

"Ok." She says then runs towards the house. I wave at her then she steps inside.

"Mam-

"Jocelyn." She says and I nod

"Jocelyn, we need to talk." I say

"What's going on?" She asks and I rub my face.

"That tattoo on your husband's arm. Where did he get it?"

"Oh my god. You flashed." She whispers and I stare at her confused.

"Excuse me?"

"You flashed on the tattoo, you saw everything. God I was worried this would happen to someone."

"What does it mean?" I ask and she rubs her face.

"It means you now know their secrets, and they know yours. Your powers, though lifted, will combust into nothing in the end. You're special, but it will hurt you."

"I don't understand." I whisper and she gently grabs my hand.

"Nobody can know, or you will put yourself in more jeopardy. You may think it's a gift to now know all secrets of this world, but it's not, and they will grow too heavy for you to deal with. They will drive you mad. You need to fight the pulling, but at the same time, you need to learn to use your new gift. It's a dangerous thing Neveah."

"I want it out of me then." I hiss and she shakes her head

"It can't just come out. It's apart of you now. Just don't let it take you under."

"Will I survive it?" I ask and she rubs her arms

"I did."

"What, you did?" I ask and she nods

"Then tell me how to control it, tell me how-

"I can't. That is what you must do. It's different for everyone. It grows more dangerous the farther along it gets. I will help the most I can, I will try Neveah, but nobody can know." She whispers holding her hand to my cheek.

"Nobody can know." She whispers then turns and walks away. I rub my arms breathing heavy as she pushes open her house door.

"Everything alright Neveah?" I jump at Shane's voice then settle as he puts his hand on my back.

"Yeah yeah I'm-

Images flash in my mind and I gasp.

"Bomb!" I scream but it's too late as the old mansion goes up in flames. Shane and I are thrown atleast a hundred feet if not more away from the explosion. We land roughly in two different areas. The landing would've majorly injured if not killed a normal human being. Luckily we're not normal. I groan trying to regain focus, while seeing men rush towards us. I look over and see who I think is Shane unconscious on the ground. My ears ring and my head pounds.

"Shane." I hiss

"Shane!"

Nothing.

Hands are suddenly around me and I groan as everything goes black and I'm lifted up.

~~~~~~~~~~