46. Unchained melody!

Start from the beginning

"Umm...Running a marathon maybe?", Manik answered totally engrossed in chopping tomatoes.

"Huh?", Nandini was confused.

"What do you do in kichen Nandini ? Cooking. So I am also cooking.", Manik answered putting two slices of cucumber in his mouth while nandini frowned.

"You know cooking? What are you really making anyway?", She asked again still not out of shock.

"Pizza", he answered with a sheepish smile making her giggle.

"You could have just ordered it na", Nandini said.
Manik dropped the knife and came towards her, holding her wrist in his hands and pulled her towards himself, leaning in so that his lips graze her ear lobes, leading a chill through her spine.

"Then that wouldn't have had the special ingredient of my love na wifey", he whispered in her ears and resumed his work leaving her eyes wide and mouth open.

Yet, under no circumstances should had Manik underestimated Nandini because She smirked at him, moved towards the kitchen platform and while he was busy in his work, wrapped her arms around his waist. Manik stiffened at her touch while she tariled her hands under his vest, over his arms and neck. Manik had closed his eyes feeling her so close to her. Nandini then tariled her finger over his face too and as soon as manik opened his eyes on the absence of her touch, Nandini laughed out loud and ran away. Apparently, all this mushy touching had been used by her to drape pizza sauce all over him which Manik realized on seeing her laughing. All his face, arms, abs were smeared with pizza sauce.

"Nandini!!!!!", Manik screamed and she laughed louder running farther.

Manik chased her running around the sofas of the drawing room through the stairs upstairs and finally caught her at the topmost stair. He pulled her dangerously close and rubbed his cheeks with hers while she stood frozen. She couldn't move or wriggle since that would lead either or both of them in danger courtesy to the blink of the stairs they were standing at. With a miscehvous glint, Manik continued to rub his cheeks with her followed by rubbing his arms with hers. At the end of the day, both stood with pizza sauce glorifying their bodies giggling at the childishness. The fact that the entire pizza sauce was finished in their kind of holi lead to another round of laughter since at the end, they had to order only.

Chehra jaise tassuvar bhi tasvir bhi,
Chehra ek khwab bhi, chehra tabir bhi,
Chehra koi aleef-lailvi dastan,
Chehra ek pal yakeen,
Chehra ek pal guman,
Chehra jaise ki chehra kahi bhi nhi,
Mahru mahru,
Mehraveen mehraveen.
Husn-e- jana ki tareef mumkin nyi.
Husn-e-jana ki tareef mumkin nyi.
Afreen Afreen.
Afreen Afreen.
Tu bhi dekhe agar to kahe humnashi,
Afreen Afreen.
Afreen Afreen.

"Nandini", Manik called her as they stood at the terrace gazing the moon. Nandini looked at him her face shining under the dim light. They had by now bathed and freshened up, had the pizza dinner, cleared the mess they created and also have had double ice-cream scoop treat.

"Every time I see you, I fall in love a little more", Manik said smiling genuinely holding her close to him.

" Ditto", Nandini giggled in response making him laugh. She then dragged him to the swing and both sat side by side, holding hands.

 She then dragged him to the swing and both sat side by side, holding hands

"Everything seems a fairy tale to me Manik . The same one that I enjoyed but didn't really believe in", Nandini confessed as she rested her head against his shoulder.

" Once I had promised mom that I will turn fiction into reality for you. I am really glad today that I succeeded", Manik smiled at her and she smiled back at him.

"Manik, promise me. Everything that we have, I am afraid to loose all these. Promise me it's not just four days of moonlight. It will be our forever na?", Nandini asked with a hint of fear and Manik held her in his arms more close.

This was the same Nandini who had told him forever doesn't exists. She was that same girl who was not even ready to marry him initially, because she thought love and fairy tales are fictional. She was the same girl who was so practical that she thought thrice before doing one thing. Manik smiled at the memory and the change in her. That same Nandini was today asking him a promise of forever.

"I promise Nandini. This will be our forever. I wont say that there wont be any problem or misunderstanding ever. They will be there too. But we will sail through them together. In every storm you will find me beside you. Hamesha", Manik promised her and she relaxed with his words. Snuggling close to his chest, she encircled her hands around him and kissed him just over his heart. This was her way of trusting the promise.

When the night grew darker and the cool breezes outside started kissing their faces, Manik pulled her up and they walked to the bedroom. Preparing the bed and changing into their night wear, they were ready to hop in the bed when Nandini held manik's hands.

"After all this time?", She asked with a look as innocent as a new born baby.

"Always", he answered her in her language, the one she understood better than words and kissed her forehead sealing their bond of love.