Chapter 24

***2 weeks later (Avery’s P.O.V)***

After I had told Harry about my father, I felt different. I felt happy. He was there for me which helped a lot. For the past two weeks, we had gotten to know each other a lot better. That’s when I realised … I really love Harry, I love Harry Styles. However, I don’t want to tell him. What if he doesn’t feel the same way and it ruins our friendship? I cant chance it.

As the bell went off for school, I signed in relief. It was finally half term. Stepping out of my class, I ran outside and leant against the wall. Finally, I can get away from this hell whole for a while and escape from the bullying. At that moment, my phone vibrated in my pocket. As I grabbed my phone, I realised Harry had texted me.

Harry<3:

Hey Ave, meet me at mine at 4 yeah? See you there! ;)xxx

3:01pm

My heart skipped a beat, Harry invited me to his. Yes! I can’t wait. In a rush, I ran home and got ready. I’m going round his for the first time. I had to look good. Digging through my clothes, I pulled out my big red jumper, blue high waisted denim shorts and put on my white converse. I know it’s about 16 degrees outside but I didn’t want Harry to see my scars on my arms. I still haven’t told him that I’ve self harmed and I didn’t want to.  

After straightening my hair, I glanced up at the clock to see what the time was. 3:45pm. Shit! I’d better leave now if I want to get to Harry’s on time. I ran down the stairs grabbing my phone and keys along the way/ I slammed the front door and made my way to Harry’s.

Making my way to Harry’s, knots tied up in my stomach and my heart kept skipping beats. I was so excited. I loved Harry and I just couldn’t wait to spend some time with him.

15 minutes later, I approached his flats. As I dialled in his buzzer, the door unlocked allowing me to walk up to his door. Here we go! Approaching the door, I knocked on the front door. 5 seconds later, the door opened as I was confronted by Harry. Daym did he look hot. Black skinny jeans, black and white converse and a black starry top. Fuck me.

Harry pulled me into his arms squeezing me tightly. “Come in Ave!” I giggled at Harry being so excited and moved indoors allowing him to shut the door. “Who’s at the door Hazza?” A mans voice shouted from the living room. I thought it was just going to be me and Harry.

Harry grabbed my hand and led me into the living room. As I looked to the sofas, I saw 3 young lads staring at the T.V. Once they realised Harry had entered the room, they all turn’t around. They all smiled at me as they realised Harry wasn’t alone. This sent blood rushing to my cheeks. I smiled back at all of them. On one of the sofas, two of the lads were sat together. One with feathery, chest nut hair, hazel eyes and glasses. He had his arm around the boy next to him with blonde wispy hair and bright blue eyes.

On the other sofa was a lad with a dark brown quiff, a perfect jaw line and slightly tanned skin. “Lads, this is my friend Avery. She comes to hang with us. Avery, this is Louis and Niall. As you could probably tell, they are together. And this is Zayn.” As I said my hello, they turn’t around and Harry whispered in my ear. “Louis and I have lived together since my parents left me. He’s 22 but he’s been my best friend for years. He took me in.” I smiled at Harry. It all makes sense.

As Harry finished his sentence, a door next to me opened. As I glanced to the side, I couldn’t believe who was standing there.