Chapter 4

In 10 minutes, Kendall came sprinting over to me. I give her credit, she is a fast little fucker. In an instance, she sat down beside me. “Babe, tell me everything.” She said to me soothingly giving me a motherly look. “What’s happened?” I wiped the tears away from my face, sniffled and brung myself to tell Kendall the news.

“My mum was home this morning. I was shocked as I thought that she was supposed to be at the movie set. She said that she needed to talk to me so I ran downstairs and sat beside her. At first she stared to tell me about how the movie set was doing. Then she told me that her manager had called her and that’s w-when,” My voice started to break as I released the sobs that I had been holding back. Kendall put her arm around me. “Avery, calm down. Breathe, just breath. It’ll be okay, shh. I don’t want you to have a panic attack.” She held me close and rubbed circles on my back.

Ever since my father died, I have suffered from having severe panic attacks. I must admit, I have calmed down recently but that might be to do with having no stress.

As Kendall comforted me, I finally managed to blurt out the news. “My mum got a job offer in London and we have to move down there…” Kendall suddenly stopped rubbing my back and froze. Everything went quiet… too quiet. I pulled away from her and turned to her face. Her skin had turned an icy cold pale shade and tears slowly rolled down her face leaving traces of mascara. “L-l-leaving?” She whispered, not being able to breath. I cradled my best friend in my arms, no my sister telling her how sorry I am. “Well,” She poked her head up and wiped her eyes. “When are you leaving?” “Tomorrow … I think” I sadly replied. Her body sank as I grabbed her. I hate this.

I stood up, holding my hand out for Kendall. “Let’s go” I said to her, dragging her to her car. She drove me home as we began to say our goodbyes. I thought it might be easier to do it sooner rather than later. After half an hour, Kendall left. This was it. I would never see her again. My new life begins tomorrow.