Chapter 16

“Aww bless, that’s sweet.” I replied as I put my head on the window. He seemed so happy; I wish I could be happy.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Liam asked me with worry hinted in his voice. Aww, he seems worried about me. “Nothing, it doesn’t matter. Hey there’s my house.” Liam stopped outside my house and stared at me. “Avery, babe. Please. I’m not allowing you to leave this car. What’s wrong?”  At that moment, I broke. I had to tell him. “I have no one, I’m always bullied. I’ve been here for 3 weeks now and you’re the first person to actually show care and concern towards me. I just feel so alone, I just want someone to be there for me. I need a friend.”  Burst into tears and put my head in my hands. I felt Liam’s arms wrap around me, his other hand pulling my face up to look at his.

“Avery… is this how you ended up in the coma? Is this why you took the tablets?” I nodded with tears filling my eyes again. He slowly pulled out my arm and undid the bandages. “And this?” He asked with a sad look on his face. I nodded again unleashing a sea of sobs.

His arms pulled me into his chest. Body heat radiated off his chest onto my body. I felt warm and fuzzy. He cooed, calming me down. I smiled into his chest. He made me feel like I was loved, like he cared about me.

“Avery, I know you felt alone before. But know this now. I’m here for you for the rest of your life. You’re not alone now. You have me.” He kissed my forehead and allowed me to sit up. He placed my hair behind my ear. “Now, go and get some res.” I gave him a big hug and whispered thank you. As I stepped out the car, he handed me a piece of paper which he just scribbled on. “Call me whenever, I’m always here.” I stood out of the car and smiled watching him drive off. I have done it. I finally have a friend.