Chapter 20

Reaching school, I paid the taxi driver and jumped into my car. Right now, all I could think about was getting to Avery and being with her. Going 65 MPH, I arrived back at the hospital. I jumped out, locking the car door as I began to run back to the cherry ward. I needed to see her. As I approached the reception out of breath, I managed to spit out a sentence. “Is there a-any u-updates yet?!” The nurse gave me a blank look. “No, sit down and as I said I will let you know if there is.” Snotty bitch. I took a seat and waited. “It’ll be okay Avery,” I whispered to myself, “I know it will.”

13:30pm. I had been waiting here for 2 hours now. It was worth it as all that mattered to me was Avery, but I began to grow impatient. I needed to know how she was doing.

I got out of my seat and paced up and down the foyer. I wanted to see her, I needed to see her. Glancing around the room, a woman came out of the double doors. Once she spotted me, she approached me. “I believe you came in with Avery?” I eagerly replied. “Yes, yes! Is she okay? What happened? Can I see her? Please?”

“She suffered a severe and major panic attack. She has a very small concussion as by the looks of it she hit her head. She’s fine and is going to be perfectly fine. You can see her now sweetie. But just to warn you she’s still asleep so you’ll have to be quiet.” She smiled at me and pointed down the hall. “End of the corridor, first room on the left.” I quickly thanked her and ran down to see Avery. Approaching the door, I opened it slowly trying not to make a sound. Stepping in, I turn’t and stared at her. She’s so beautiful. The nurses must have taken her hair out as he long dark brown hair flowed around her perfect body. Her soft, pale skin, delicate pink lips and her slightly rosy cheeks. She is perfect.  

I sat beside her, taking her hand in mine. I could stay like this for ages, staring at this sleeping beauty.