Chapter 23

***Harry’s P.O.V***

As I began to wake up, a cold breeze hit my body, sending a chill throughout my body. Looking beside me, I realised Avery was gone. My heart sank a little. Where is she? “Harry?” I heard Avery’s soft voice call out for me from the stair case. She must of heard me move about in the bed. I smirked into the pillow as I tried to pretend I was still asleep.

“Harry… Are you awake?” I heard her footsteps stop beside me. I didn’t want to blow my cover so I daren’t to open my eyes. “Oh, you’re still asleep…never mind” I rolled my eyes in my sleep. She acts so shy and polite. Don’t get me wrong it’s fucking adorable but I just wish she wouldn’t hide behind being shy, and break free. Unleash the real her.

I heard clunking of cups and plates as the essence of freshly baked waffles filled the bedroom. Swinging my arm to turn myself over, I felt something hit my hand and a crash echoed through the room.

I jumped off of Avery’s bed seeing Avery with her hands out as if she was carrying something and looked down. I instantly followed her gaze looking at a flipped over tray with juice, waffles, sugar and fruit all over the floor. Immediately, guilt washed over me. Avery had just made me breakfast and I just destroyed it right there and then.

“A-A-Avery I’m so so sorry! I didn’t mean to. I mean I didn’t even … It was an accident!”

“Harrys its fine,” Avery said soothingly, “It’s my own fault. I shouldn’t of snuck up on you like I did. I’m so sorry Harry.” She got down on her knees and began cleaning up the mess. I feel so bad. Quickly, I jot down on my knees and reached out for a piece of fruit at the same time as Avery. Our hands brushed together, I felt something from her touch, a tingly feeling spread through my body leaving me feeling warm inside. Jerking my hand back, I looked up at Avery to see any sign of if she felt the same.

Glancing into Avery’s blue orbs, we stared into each others eyes. It took everything in my power to not lean in and crash my lips against hers. I placed a hair behind Avery’s ear and smiled. That’s when I realised, I may have only known her 5 minutes, but I can tell you now, I love her.

After realising what I had just done, I let out an awkward laugh. “Thank you for making me this. We are already late for school so there is no point in going in really. Go grab your coat.  I’m taking you out for breakfast. I’ll clean this up. Avery smiled as she stood up. “Are you sure? You don’t have to.” I smiled at her. “Hey, just go grab your coat. I’m taking you out and you don’t have a say. Luckily enough I brought spare clothes in my bag from school yesterday so I’ll quickly change into them. I’ll meet you downstairs in a minute.” Avery ran downstairs to grab her coat and get ready. Did this just really happen?

***2 hours later (Still Harry’s P.O.V)***

Once we got back from Brogans, myself and Avery jumped onto the sofa. “Thanks for breakfast Harry it was lovely.” I smiled back at Avery, she is so polite. “It’s okay Ave, it was my pleasure.”

Avery put on the tele as we sat and watched ‘Two and a half men’ I love that show. As I looked around her living room, I saw pictures of her and her mum, Avery as a child and one picture of a guy and what looked like Avery.

“Hey Avery, I know you told me about your mum but what about you dad? Is that him in the picture?” Avery’s face froze and turn’t pale as if she had just seen a ghost. I become instantly worried. “Yeah … it is.” I looked down. As I was about to ask a question she whispered a sentence that was barely hearable. “My … my father … he … d-d-ied of a brain tumour when I was 8 years old. I miss him so much. We were really close. Unbelievably close. When he died, my entire life changed. My mother changed; she’s hardly home anymore as she focused more on her career than her own daughter when my father died. That’s why I’m always alone in this house, I’m lonely.” As she spoke the last word of her sentence, tears streamed down her face.

I jumped out of my seat and cradled her. She needed me. Rocking back and forth, I cooed in her ear until she managed to calm down. I really didn’t want her to have another panic attack. Nobody deserves that at that age. It all made sense now, why she reacted the way she did when I mentioned her father and when she was screaming out for her dad in her dreams. I just wish I had of known.