Chapter 15

***The sales women’s P.O.V***

The young girl stood in front of me fell to the floor as she started to fit uncontrollably. In a panic, I dialled 999 for the young girl. What if I hadn’t of been here? Is she home alone? What could of happened? Within 5 minutes, the ambulance turned up. They managed to  grab the girl and stop her from fitting. The ambulance men placed her on a gurney and ran her to the hospital. I hope she will be okay.

***Avery’s P.O.V***

My eyes opened slowly as I tried to adjust to the lighting, I looked down at my wrists and arms. I was covered in bandages and wires. Oxygen was being pumped in my nose. I couldn’t breath. I started to have a panic attack. A young doctor ran into the room and tried to calm me own. Luckily I did, once I had a good look at him, my mouth dropped. Daym he was hot. His bronze short hair, with a little quiff, his soft caring eyes which are surrounded by his long lashes. A little button nose with sort pink lips. Fuck, just fuck.

The young doctor smiled at me and sat down beside my bed. “Hello Avery, my name is Liam, Liam Payne. I’m a doctor in training. It’s nice to see you awake. You were brought in 3 days ago. You had an overdose on medication and it sent your body into a small coma. However, you are okay now. There are a few more tests to run then you are free to go. I will call your mum to come and pick you up.”

I began to panic, my mum cant find out. No way could she. I choked, I couldn’t breath. My heart rate increased as I started to shake. Liam placed his hand on my shoulder and put one hand on my face. He cooed sending me to calm down. “Avery, its okay. Shh, calm down, breath.”

I calmed down and managed to spit out a sentence. “I’ll make my own way home, don’t call my mother, I beg of you.” Liam furrowed his eyebrows untill he saw tears streaming down my face. “Okay, okay. Give me two seconds, I’ll see what needs to happen then you can go.” Liam gave me a reassuring smile and walked out of the room. There was something about Liam, I felt like I could talk to him. I know I’ve known him all of 2 seconds. What am I saying? I’m never going to have friends. I’m just a patient, he’s never going to want to get to know me. I’m just another one of his patients.

10 minutes later, Liam returned to my room. I smiled at him. There was something about him that I liked, I don’t know what. “Let me unwire you and your free to go” He took off all of the wires and gave me a smile. I ripped off my covers and slowly got out of my bed. I felt dizzy, I span and tripped. Liam caught me and gave me a concerned look. “Avery, I don’t think your make it home by yourself,” He placed me on the bed keeping his hand on my waist. “Wait here a few minutes.” Liam ran out of the room.

When Liam returned, he wasn’t in uniform anymore. He had a pair of blue skinny jeans on, black vans, a tight white t-shirt which showed off his muscles and a purple hoodie. Daym, he looked hotter than before. “What are you doing?” I asked hi, confused. “I’m making sure you get home safely. Come on, I’m taking you home.”  He walked over and helped me put on my shoes and coat. Omg he is so sweet. Giving him a thankful smile, he put his arm around me and helped me walk outside.

As we got outside, he sat me down on a bench and told me to wait. Like the wind he ran back inside. What was he doing?

2 minutes later, he snuck up behind me handing me a Costa coffee and a piece of cake. “ I thought you would need it, come on, lets get you home. What’s your address?” Pulling out his keys, he unlocked his car and helped me inside. It was weird, I was in someone’s ca who I had met half an hour ago and I felt safer than I have in weeks. Liam ran round and sat in the front seat. He turned on the ignition and stared to drive as I told him my address. It was quiet at first … too quiet.

“So Liam, how long have you been practising to be a doctor?” What the hell? Where did that come from? I’m usually so shy to anyone but right now, I'm so comfortable. “I’ve been practising to be a doctor for 6 months now. I love my job. I really do, at the moment its not good pay but its good enough. Me and my boyfriend are saving up to buy a house together.” In my mind I screamed no, of course someone that hot had to be gay.