Chapter 10

For the rest of the night, I sat in the living room in silence. My head rested on my knees as the memories of today kept replaying in my head. The comments, the abuse, the hatred. After sitting on the sofa for about 6 hours, I stood up and made my way to the bathroom. My body dragged along the floor. I feel useless, a weakling.  Glancing into the mirror, I cant recognise myself. My eyes are red and puffy, dried up tears on my cheeks, makeup running down my face, icy pale skin and the thing that stood out the most … the cuts and bruises.

Scratches and bruises. On my cheek, a purple and black bruise was imprinted on my skin. The cut on my eyebrow. This is going to be impossible to cover up. Just one day of school and I’m already hurt like this. The first fucking day. No friends, just people who hate the existence of me. I’m not too bothered about being hit, it was the comments mode. ‘Go die, fat ugly whore, an outsider.’ These have really affected me. Maybe I deserved all of this? I don’t belong her, I don’t belong anywhere.

Fresh tears roll down my face as I traced my fingers over the bruise and the thoughts rolling around my mind I haven’t eaten at all since yesterday morning, I’m not hungry, at all.

Calming down, I turn’t the shower on and start to take off my clothes. That’s when I notice the other marks, the other bruises. Big bruises trailed all over my skin leaving it too delicate to touch. My body was disgusting. The girls were right, I am fat and ugly. They only spoke the truth. Trying to ignore the marks, I jump into the shower. Maybe a refreshing shower and a good nights sleep will make me feel better.

After finishing in the shower, I hopped out, put some new pjs on and hop into bed. I haven’t spoken to Kendall since I’ve been here and I still feel down about today. Maybe speaking to Kendall could help as well. Eagerly, I picked up my Iphone and dialled Kendall’s number… No answer. “That’s weird?” I whispered to myself, she always answers my calls. Trying to not think about it, I place my phone on the side table and plonk my head onto the pillow. I think I need a good nights sleep.